What should I let puppy chew?

Stewart Werley

Forums Regular
I have not yet gotten anything for Chewbacca to chew. I was thinking to avoid rawhides as I have heard they can be problematic. Plust at 4 months old(at end of week) is he still too young? I have two rubber teething toys but was wondering about other options. Also what is the stance on Greenies? Good? Bad? Unnecessary?

Inquiring mind wants to know.
 
With Piper I bought the puppy Kong (he didn't care for it) but his favourite were rope toys. I could soak them in chicken broth or water and freeze and then give him to chew. Definitely stay away from rawhide...manufacturers put so many chemicals into the mix when making rawhide (ironically it's not considered a food product by the FDA so they can add all those chemicals)
 
Yeah I was leaning hard away from rawhides. He was not interested in the snowman shaped king but I may need to see it with something else. Pup doesn't care for peanut butter.

I was just hoping for something else crate safe to keep him busy but will try the king again with something different stuffed in it.
 
Try filling your Kong with yogurt and freezing it. It's great for teething puppies and yogurt is good for them. Just be sure the yogurt you buy doesn't have artificial sweeteners like xylitol in it (many do). I use organic Stoneyfield yogurt for mine.

I'd stay away from Greenies. The pieces can break off and cause a choking or obstruction hazard.
 
Back
Top