yearly vet visit

Shelby's mom

Forums Enthusiast
Shelby had her yearly visit today. Our vet was very impressed with Shelby. Her weight has remained perfect at 25lbs and he could not believe how physically fit she is. He said she has a "runners heart" which is indicitive of being very fit. He also was impressed with how well behaved she was and how well her coat is groomed (this is a huge compliment as I do it myself). So I am very proud.

He did suggest the canine influenza vaccine and CET water additive. I am not sure of these two so I am turning to all of you for your input. She is around other dogs on occasion at day care, training classes.

For the CET I am concerned b/c it has xylitol. We do brush her teeth 3X a week but she does have a little plaque on the back teeth. I wil start brushing daily.

Now we just wait for lab results.

All opinions are appreciated.
 
Neither one of those my vet has offered my two. I don't know what to say, I just go along with what they do. How long does that influenza shot last I wonder. Is it like pneumonia shot for humans 10 years?

The grooming, the vets say the same thing to me, I groom my two also. The vets have stated to me most of the shelties that come into them are matted and a mess. They ask me what I do, well I brush them for one.

I seen one of them, OMG the poor thing.

Good for your vet recognizing a good mom.
 
The influenza vaccine would need a yearly booster. He said that it is on the rise in the area and some training/boarding facilities require it. Their boarding facility does require it. They had a dog with it once and they were shut down for several months and all dogs had to be quarantined for 3 weeks! There is a Dr. that I work with and his dog actually died from the flu. So I am concerned about the flu but also concerned about another vaccine. Our vet did say that it is very contagious and can be picked up just by visiting the local pet store.
 
I've been getting my dogs the influenza vaccine for about two years now. I have no complaints. It's not to expensive and it takes a lode off my mind when I take the kids out:biggrin2:! I've never heard of the other one though. When I have a question about a vaccine I just use Google:o.

Your lucky you have such a nice vet, mine is pretty rude. The closest thing to a complement I've gotten from him is "But he's too pretty to be a boy." :confused2:! He was talking about Jody when he was a pup.

I'm happy to hear your little furbaby is doing so well!:hugs
 
Back
Top