Zoom Groom.

Smudge

Forums Sage
I went to the petstore yesterday and got Smudge a lot of new things, since I threw a lot of stuff out during the worm episode. One of the things I threw out was his brush. So I remembered reading good reviews on a Zoom Groom, and bought it. I figured if it didn't work he could use it as a chew toy of sorts, as it has no sharp edges.

I just got through grooming him, and there was fur on the brush afterwards! Is this normal? My other brush did not do that. The Zoom Groom is not a normal brush, but is it ok that there is fur on it? Smudge's coat has been getting thicker, so I'm not sure if it's the brush or just shedding (although I don't know if an 11 week old puppy should be shedding!).

Anybody else ever used one on a puppy or have a puppy shed this early? It wasn't an extra large clump of hair, and it doesn't tug. It's actually a nice brush, and he seems to enjoy it. His fur felt NICE afterwards, too. :biggrin2: Maybe I'm just going to have an extra furry sheltie? :lol:
 
Normal

Sounds totally normal to me! Especially now that it's hot out you're going to get some extra fur coming out. If it comes out easily, then it's just your typical summer shed :) Just wait 'til he gets his full coat, we joke about the sweaters we could make out of Bentley's fur when we brush him during the summer. It's piles of it!
 
No worries -- you're just removing undercoat that's shedding. Getting rid of it helps keep the coat working as a summer/winter protector. Not to mention they are so much shinier!! :biggrin2:
 
If hes a puppy it could just be his puppy coat blow...thank god they only do that once!! I hate the fuzzy blow it sticks to EVERYTHING!
PS Cute pic of him in the cart :) I brought one of my dog food shopping last night she had a blast playing with all the toys and seeing all the other dogs!
 
I brought one of my dog food shopping last night she had a blast playing with all the toys and seeing all the other dogs!

There were a lot of kids when we went, and they all wanted to pet him. I didn't mind it, but it's not always ok to just walk up and pet random dogs. :uhoh: This one little girl looked at Smudge and said (in a VERY serious tone), "I hope you NEVER get ran over!" :lol:

That was the first time I've ever taken Smudge shopping. It was fun until he went to the bathroom all over the floor. :dead:
 
There were a lot of kids when we went, and they all wanted to pet him. I didn't mind it, but it's not always ok to just walk up and pet random dogs. :uhoh: This one little girl looked at Smudge and said (in a VERY serious tone), "I hope you NEVER get ran over!" :lol:

That was the first time I've ever taken Smudge shopping. It was fun until he went to the bathroom all over the floor. :dead:


I am sorry I do mean to hijack this thread, but kids in the poet store brought this to mind. I used to take Marcus and Rachie with me to the pet store. Kids would come out of the woodwork wanting to pet them. That was ok...but what blew me away was when small kids would suck on their noses My puppers just stood there not moving, then they would come away with wet yucky noses
 
I am sorry I do mean to hijack this thread, but kids in the poet store brought this to mind. I used to take Marcus and Rachie with me to the pet store. Kids would come out of the woodwork wanting to pet them. That was ok...but what blew me away was when small kids would suck on their noses My puppers just stood there not moving, then they would come away with wet yucky noses

All I can say is EWWWWWWW! :razz: But that is funny!
 
I am sorry I do mean to hijack this thread, but kids in the poet store brought this to mind. I used to take Marcus and Rachie with me to the pet store. Kids would come out of the woodwork wanting to pet them. That was ok...but what blew me away was when small kids would suck on their noses My puppers just stood there not moving, then they would come away with wet yucky noses

OMG that was the funniest thing I read today!! :lol: I can totally picture it too
 
When can you ever brush a Sheltie without hair coming out! Even when I think the pups have stopped shedding! When I sit down to give them a brush, I still manage to pull out a pillows-worth of undercoat!

Totally normal! Even for a puppy!
 
That was ok...but what blew me away was when small kids would suck on their noses My puppers just stood there not moving, then they would come away with wet yucky noses

THAT is completely gross. I don't understand kid's parents sometimes. :no: For all they knew, your dog could bite! Nobody even aksed me (excpet one older girl) if they could pet Smudge. They just walked right up and started petting him. Shelties are cute, but just because something is cute doesn't mean that it's not going to bite. :eek2:
 
Back
Top