Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Anyone try rubber booties, nail covers or other non slip stuff?

Discussion in 'Other Equipment' started by Caro, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    I'm trying to find options for giving Tully traction to get up by herself. I've seen some rubber booties for outdoor and wondering if they work indoor, and nail covers come up as non slip - although Tully does have a funky nail that grows under her foot. Other ideas welcome.

A few months ago I had to get all the carpet replaced and decided to put in composite flooring. My plan had been to wait until Tully was gone because she does slip, but insurance paid. I've got floor rugs everywhere but she always finds the spot that isn't covered to fall on.

Sharon7, Piper's mom and Ron Atkinson like this.
  2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I have Anti-Slip Paw Grips from Amazon for Checkers. I don't use them much, so far she manages with the rugs we have, but they really are good. They stick to the dog's paws and don't seem to bother them and really do improve their traction. I don't know if you can get something similar there, but if not and you want them, I'll ship some to you.

3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I’m certain Cindy uses or has used something for Gavin. Hopefully she’ll see this and comment. Only booties I’ve used are the Pawz and they’re more for snow.

Caro, Sharon7 and Ron Atkinson like this.
  4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Caro, I've used stick-ons and no slip spray. Both were pretty meh.

Piper's mom, Caro and Sharon7 like this.
  5. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    I have used Dr. Buzby’s that are applied to the nails. Shelby slipped last year on our floors and dislocated her hip. She was then afraid to walk on them and it took time for her to get her stability back. These helped her to not slip and gain her confidence back.

The company was great to work with. The original ones I ordered were too small- they were afraid they might be to small so they also sent me samples of other sizes. When I called to get the correct size they sent them to me for free and told me to donate the wrong size.

The vet gave us the pads for her feet but those didn’t seem to stay on very long. It very well could be that I didn’t do something correct.

Ann and Piper's mom like this.