Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Bacca is an Uncle!

Discussion in 'General Breeding Discussion' started by BarbV, Dec 26, 2009.

1. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

His sister, Rose, delivered her babies on December 23/24th.

3 boys, 2 girls - unfortunately one of the males, nicknamed Grinch, did not make it and died a few hours later. Poor little guy.

Apparently, Rose's placenta had become detached during her delivery, and this little guy came out green! I've never heard of such a thing.

See the link below for pictures of the new babies (including Grinch).

All the other pups are doing fine, and Rose is apparently being a very good first time mommy!

http://ruffleithshelties.blogspot.com/

2. Phebe*DD

Phebe*DD Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    Pretty pups, but so sad about Grinch. I've never seen a green pup before.

3. Crystal1

Crystal1 Forums Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2009
    Ft Worth, TX
    Congratulations to you and Bacca's sister. Are you considering getting a puppy from this litter? They are all darling. Great Christmas news.

4. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

I have a not-so-secret wish......:lol::wink2:

Too early to tell which ones she'll keep for show and which ones will go for companions....

5. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    Congratulations Bacca! And to you Barb.

Although so sorry to hear of the passing of the little guy. Gosh I went to the site,and had a really great time reading all about puppies,past & present.

I've never seen a newborn puppy like that before. I have seen a few water puppys born before,but nothing like that.

They are all very sweet,maybe one for you in time you think? Keeping fingers crossed for all of you.

6. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

It's a cute site. She even has a little collage that she made up of Bacca pictures. She's a lovely breeder and a terrific person!

7. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    Congrats Bacca! Did you give him a cigar?

I'm sorry about the little boy that passed on. That must be very difficult for a breeder.

8. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    Yes I made sure to go to Baccas page. The collage is awesome. He sure was a cutie patoodie. Well he still is cute..but in a grown up way!

9. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

And other exciting news is that is other sister, Portia, is due to whelp January 14th!

Puppies galore!

10. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    I'm sorry to hear about Grinch. :( The green color is meconium, the first bowel movement. Its presence at birth indicts fetal stress, I suspect he was born breach and pased though it to give him the green color. He was a fighter just to make for a little while.

I'm glad the rest of the pups are doing well. They look like good ones. Rose is a real cutie:smile2: