Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Great vet appointment today!

Discussion in 'Senior Sheltie Health' started by Shelby's mom, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Shelby has had a rough year. A tough UTI, then diagnosed with gallbladder mucocele, then she fell and dislocated her hip. All of this in top of her having high blood pressure. Because of all these issues she goes to the vet every 3 months.

Her blood pressure has been controlled well over the years. Because of her health issues and her age surgery on her gallbladder is not an option so she takes Ursodiol.

Surprising to our vet her lab work has improved quite a bit since her last visit!!! Her one liver enzyme that is always elevated dropped 100 points! It is still and always will be elevated, but the fact that it dropped is great news. So it appears the low fat diet and Ursodiol is helping. This was the best Christmas present we could have asked for.

So our little old girl got a clean bill of health today!!!

woof, Cindy, Ann and 9 others like this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Honestly I can't tell you how happy this makes me! About time for some really good news on the Sheltie health front!! Yay, Shelby. I hope 2023 is a much happier and healthier year for you and your family!! :hugs

3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Love hearing this!!! That is an awesome report! Merry Christmas!!!!

Shelby's mom, Ann, Sharon7 and 3 others like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Wonderful news! Always good when those numbers drop!

5. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    So good to hear, and know that something is working!

6. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    It's SO good to hear this! As someone who's been through three gallbladder surgeries with mine, it's wonderful to hear a successful outcome that doesn't end in surgery. I'm so happy for you and Shelby. Thanks for sharing the news! :D