Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Happy 6th Birthday

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Photo Updates' started by Margi, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Margi, I don't know if this would help in Benny's case, and probably should run it by your vet, but a couple of times when we had our kitty, and the dogs would find cat poop in the gravel and eat it :ick along with some of the gravel. I gave them a good dose of Petromalt, which is what you give cats to pass hairballs. I think it's mostly flavored petroleum jelly or something like that. It greases the skids though and allowed the gravel to be passed.

That's an additional worry that he's eating rocks. Poor little dude.

RikyR likes this.
  2. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Well the backyard is close, and very eco-friendly LOL and close to the treat jar :)

3. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Yeah I couldn't believe it when he started up with the poop eating--but the lactulose is fake sugar so we figger it was sweetening the pot so to speak. Didn't start right away, it was when I had to increase the dose that triggered it. Went back to miralax to stop the gravel ingestion. I've been throwing some slippery elm in there to try to do exactly what you suggested. I see no reason petromalt would hurt him! But I will bounce it off her. Thanks for the idea.

Oh--if he's had a good dose of Bernies perfect poop that day, no one shows any interest in it! Fil's stopped going after his and Benny's with the addition of the Bernies as well!

Yah I like I needed one more thing thrown in the mix!

RikyR likes this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Happy belated birthday Benny! That cupcake looks like it was yummy!
    Finnie says 6 is awesome and that he deserves 1 cookie per year!
    Sorry I’m late to this I’ve been fighting a cold for a week and now have bronchitis and a sinus infection.
    Does Benny like to play with balls? What about one of those big ones they have to push with their noses? I’ve seen some that are much sturdier. I looked into some a while back for Finnie…he’s a ball freak! Unfortunately my yard has too many things for a big ball to get hung up on.

RikyR likes this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Of course for a reactive dog that doesn’t enjoy his walks and probably needs the extra help with his poops how about a doggy treadmill? You did say the once in a lifetime request lol? And I’d definitely go with the dogPACER treadmill. If Benny is anything like Finnie (and he definitely sounds like it anxiety wise) he’ll love the time spent on it. Finnie loves the treadmill…I just have to lower it and he’s on it ready to go!

https://dogpacer.com/

Margi, RikyR and Ron Atkinson like this.
  6. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Happy belated birthday Benny!!!!

7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Late birthday felicitations, Benny! May the coming year bring you stable health and a joyous daily life!

Piper's mom, Sharon7 and Margi like this.