Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Humping after his bath

Discussion in 'Behavior' started by SuzieQ1960, Feb 22, 2011.

1. SuzieQ1960

SuzieQ1960 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 8, 2009
    Hermiston, Oregon
    A great theory folks, but Aonghus absolutely despises being bathed. He hates it! I don't think he's thanking me, and now he's trying to hump my leg. He has gone off the deep end. How do I deal with the annoying and embarrassing behavior?:confused2:

2. Bellesmom

Bellesmom Forums Enthusiast

Dec 22, 2010
    Surrey British Columbia
    unless you want to use him as stud, a trip to the vet and a snip snip sounds in order.

3. SuzieQ1960

Feb 8, 2009
    Hermiston, Oregon
    I would most definitely NOT want to use him as a stud. He is very neurotic and a little nuts. Also, he is a rescue, so he is not stud material. But to be honest, I worry about leaving him at the vet without me there. He is a runner and his recall is practically nil, I worry that he might get loose and I would lose him forever. I know, it is a crappy excuse, but it is something that has bothered me since he got old enough to neuter.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  4. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Actually, something like this just happened at a vet near my house. The tech was walking a corgi after being spayed and the corgi got out of the lead and ran away. I am pretty sure they never found her. It was absolutely terrible.

If you did decide to get him neutered, I would make sure it was with a vet that only kept them for the day, and that they walked them in a fenced in area.

5. SuzieQ1960

Feb 8, 2009
    Hermiston, Oregon
    None of the 3 vets in my area will do that. The all want to keep him overnight and there are no fenced areas to walk the dogs. That is the reason that my dear boy is still intact. I would rather deal wit the issues involved with him being intact than I would the heartache of losing him. Are there any good behavioral techniques to deal with his "problem," or should I just ignore it and hope it goes away?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  6. Jonesdhc

Jonesdhc Forums Regular

Feb 22, 2011
    Florida
    My husband swears by a cold shower followed by an Ambien, then 30 minutes of Sports Center just to be sure... oh wait, we're still talking dogs... sorry honey, didn't mean to drop your secret... :lol: