Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Missy's last day was Monday

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by shelee, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    I'm so very sorry for your loss, sadly there's just no easy way to say goodbye. You know Missy better than anyone so there was no better person to make that call. Try not to second guess yourself, you had the strength to help her in her time of need :hugs

2. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    So very sorry for your loss. It is perfectly normal to second guess. It has happened to everyone of us that has suffered a loss.

Sharon7, Piper's mom and shelee like this.
  3. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    I'm so very sorry. I remember well all the effort you were putting into making her comfortable, you were a really great Sheltie parent.

I used to worry so much about having to make the same call with Mr D, who had the same problems as Mindy, so I can empathise how tough this has been.

Hanne, Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  4. shelee

shelee Forums Enthusiast

Jan 31, 2017
    Caro, thank you the kind words. I am not so sure I deserve them. I did try to make her life better, she had so many problems, but I found myself impatient with her at times. I did love her to pieces though. Thank you for your suggestions with her issues when I posted.

Hanne, Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  5. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Caro's words are true and you do deserve them. Missy never doubted your love and carried that love with her into eternity. Trini

Piper's mom, Hanne, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.