Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Nosework Class

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Pam, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    Ok, found what seems to be a great class! Boy does it matter how a class is run. Beau had a great time, and caught on after a few runs. He was less tired at the end than either the Basset Hound or the Retriever, LOL--what else is new? But I was proud, he showed no hesitation to stick his nose into cones and boxes and under chairs and ladders. :) Proud mommy here.

Chris, ghggp and Jams like this.
  2. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    That is great to hear! We do some nosework just for fun and Shelby absolutely loves it. She is one very tired pup when we get home.

Most other people in our class do it competitively but I just don't have the time or money to invest. So we just join them once a week for some fun.

3. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    Yea, not thinking we will do it competively--just something else for fun and to keep Beau busy :)

Shelby's mom likes this.
  4. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    Nosework class is going really, really well. Beau loves it and he seems to understand to smell and wait!! Yeah!

5. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Great to hear that Pam!! I just love watching and seeing how they find odor and trace it back to source. It just amazes me. Has really taught me to trust Shelby's nose. For example she kept going crazy at our grill and acting "weird". DH kept telling her to "knock it off". I kept telling him she was telling us there was something in the grill. He didn't believe Shelby and I. And sure enough there was a momma mouse and her babies in the grill. Always trust their nose.

6. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    Beau always knows when the rabbit is in our yard. I am positive he can smell it. And then he traces its path with his nose to the ground...you'd think he was a scent hound. LOL

Shelby's mom likes this.
  7. juliafigueroa

juliafigueroa Forums Novice

Mar 9, 2018
    I think this class is really great. Such a necessary thing!