Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Piper news?

Discussion in 'Rescue Chat' started by EJHUNTL, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    I know - I just hope nothing happens to her in the meanwhile.

2. jumba

jumba Forums Enthusiast

Oct 15, 2013
    Fl
    I think about what these poor owners must be going through and it breaks my heart. I can't believe it's going to be another two months.

What good is a microchip if the dog winds up in a rescue like this? What makes them get to decide if Piper can go home or not?

Are there any things that we can do as pet parents to make sure that this doesn't happen to us? it sounds like you could have all the identification in the world, but they can still deny you your dog if they see fit.

3. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    Any news after today?

4. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Just that another pretrial is scheduled for July.

5. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    I know the court system moves very slow, but this is ridiculous!!

6. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    The latest that has come out is that not everyone was in the court - the bailiff didn't notify everyone of the court date.

7. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    I agree, what GOOD is identification if people REFUSE to acknowledge the ID? I hope these people WIN, then SUE the rescue for NOT being a rescue but a complete farce. A true rescue would reunite a dog with its owner, they wouldn't put owners through this kind of anguish and turmoil. And what about Piper, is she traumatized, will she be OK after the courts decide??? This should NEVER have gone this far imho, but then I rarely see any evidence of "justice" in our system. It is mostly about $$$, rarely justice

8. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Wow, was that really the excuse. Because frankly how could those involved not know the court date and not turn up. Heck I knew the court date and I'm on the other side of the world!! Sounds like another delay tactic.

9. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Not the first time either, from court records. One time they had to mail out the notices instead of bailiff service. Shaking my head and wondering just who knows who.

10. Jean

Jean Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2015
    PNW, Washington state
    I'm not in Rescue and not sure of any "whys or wheres" in this story, but my gosh doesn't anyone realize that the gestation period of a dog is around two months--that is if surgery hasn't already been done! (Vacuum cleaners don't have litters--nor can they be made entirely different by the unscrupulous should the unscrupulous want if they just are given enough time--so comparing a pup to inanimate property just doesn't even make any sense to me.) Who knows who indeed? There HAS to be more to this than "meets the eye".

I thought microchipping was so that the owner could get his pet back if it is lost or stolen. Doesn't seem to have helped here. Why not?