Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

The Ears Experiement

Discussion in 'Grooming' started by Mom2Melli, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    LMAO, thanks for reminding me why im not married:lol:

2. alonsoe

alonsoe Forums Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2014
    Spain
    I think there is a middle point in thin.....why not glycerine? I don't want to bore you, but it's so easy and such a good results!

I bought it in a drug store, they gave me a little botle from the quimic room because they use it for making formulas and other final products, but it was so cheap! :yes:

My shelties didn't feel confortable by tipping or glueing their ears....perhaphs your husband is a good sheltie lover so he doesn't want to cause them any uncomoditie.....

You don't need a divorce to have your sheltie ears right! :wink2:

3. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Alonsoe -- How did you put it on? How many times did you use it?

I cannot find any instructions on the web about using this.

Please tell about this.

4. alonsoe

alonsoe Forums Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2014
    Spain
    Well, I put one spot in the inside part (ONLY THE TIP OF THE EAR) and another pot in the outside part, then with two fingers one inside and the other outside a do a masage to distribute the product and it reaching the skin.

My little puppies sometimes lip each other ears cleaning them....so I do repeat each two days, but it only takes some seconds to be done!

I think it's a product you won't find at internet.....it's used to make another products, but I think that if you tell to de drag store owner what is it for, they will sell you with any problem...

It's oly an oil, no odor, no color and completely safe for the skin.

I recomend you 100%

Hope someone of you use this product and share here the good results :wink2:

5. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    I concur!

I thot of that, and for the diva types, the small rhinestones would fit perfectly-and piercing is sooooo "in" ha!

I went the false eyelash glue route, worked well, finished up with chewing gum for the left ear that was more stubborn and wonkier on Kaleigh-I will say chewing gum was WAY easier as far as the mess, and Kaleigh ABHORRED the unisolve smell when I removed the eyelash glue-she would try and escape, then roll in the dirt to get rid of it, it was faster than the eyeglass remover, that had to soak in, and she didn't like the wait. Chewing gum STAYED in without her trying to pull it out like the gluing, chewing gum comes out easily with olive oil, or eyeglue remover...with new puppy coming soon, not sure what I will use because I think there will be wrestling matches that I didn't contend with before. But shelties are way cuter with the tipped ears IMHO

6. jumba

jumba Forums Enthusiast

Oct 15, 2013
    Fl
    So, how are his ears doing now that you have been using the pads? Still wonky?

7. Mom2Melli

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Took today off, but I have been using them for a good 5-6 hours each day. Looking perfect!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  8. twz3265

twz3265 Forums Novice

Oct 17, 2014
    Texas
    puppy ears and glue

What a mess. Virst timers with wiggly puppy and glue. Poor baby she has a bit of glue everywhere. Some did get on ears and theynare tipped for now. I am guessing it will last a few days at best.

9. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Cubby's ears are looking great! I'll be sure to tell my breeder friend ho well her suggestion is working for you!

10. Mom2Melli

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Thanks -- I am just going use them til I run out 5-6 hours a day. We are calling it "ear treatment" or "ear therapy".