Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Thoughts on Antlers as a chew?

Discussion in 'Treats & Supplements' started by Wendy C, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Wendy C

Wendy C Forums Enthusiast

May 30, 2019
    thanks Sharon I will give them a try. So far he has never chewed anything other than his things and I want to keep it that way! lol

Sharon7 likes this.
  2. HikerDog

HikerDog Forums Enthusiast

Jan 28, 2019
    We have a variety of chews for Toby just to keep him interested. He has an antler that he really likes (but usually loses interest in 5-10 minutes) it's cut in half lengthwise to expose the softer middle.

We got recommended a Himalayan Chew which is a very hard compressed cheese but is 100% digestible. He likes that too I'd say about just as much. He chews on them mostly when he's bored and not for the sheer joy or taste.

We just picked up a product called "No Hide" which was another recommendation on this site that we got. It's brown rice and whatever flavor they have - we picked a venison one - and he adores this one the most. They come in a variety of sizes so you can get a larger one to last longer. He's had his for a couple days (we do take it from him so it's a special treat so he's not able to chew on it all day though)