Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

4 more weeks until we bring our puppy home!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Fireweed, May 11, 2015.

1. Fireweed

Fireweed Forums Regular

Mar 9, 2015
    Manitoba, Canada
    :biggrin2: We met the litter this weekend and will be going back to choose our pup in 2 weeks when he's 7 weeks old. Then two weeks after that, we'll be bringing him home at 9 weeks old.

We get to choose from 5 males. We'll get a better sense of their temperaments in two weeks and then decide for sure. They're only 5 weeks old now and still just balls of fluff that eat and poop and play for 10 minutes before crashing.

This breeder has been absolutely lovely and helpful. Both parents are Champions, and have eyes/hips/thyroid/etc. cleared. The mom was there and was really nice and calm.

I've had a Sheltie previously who died a few years ago and we're finally ready to add one to our family. I'm married and we have a 2.5 year old son and a cat. Our two year old is a very calm child and respectful of animals. I can't wait to see the puppy and him grow up together!

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to updating with puppy photos.

Here's a photo of two that we liked - especially the one on the left. : http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g288/tata_03/photo_zpsqkwjsdfz.jpg

2. Jean

Jean Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2015
    PNW, Washington state
  3. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    That's wonderful that you will be given time to spend with the 5 pups and able to choose the one that pulls most at your heartstrings. Also it sounds like you are working with a good breeder and I am sure he/she will be helpful in steering you in the right direction for choosing a pup that will fit best into your family.

The bond between a young child and the pup he grows up with is something your son will always look back on and deeply treasure.

Both the pups pictured are adorable!

Trini

4. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Ditto what Trini said!

5. Daisy1015

Daisy1015 Forums Enthusiast

May 2, 2014
    Thats a hard wait! Congratulations! I am a firm believer shelties can be among the best dogs with kids , even young kids. I grew up with shelties since i was
    6 months old and my own sheltie has been a life time companion to all three of my kids ages 3 through 8 and dog now 15. Cant wait to see pics in a few weeks!

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
  7. sable

sable Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2008
    Welcome, and congrats on the new puppy. You have to pick one? They are
    both too cute. Might have to take both.

Lots of fun to come.

8. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    They are really so cute both, so I would choose the one that takes the most contact with you next time you see them. :yes:

9. Fireweed

Fireweed Forums Regular

Mar 9, 2015
    Manitoba, Canada
    Thanks everyone! It will be a hard choice but I'm sure one will stand out more than the rest. We're looking forward to giving our new puppy a good home and lots and lots of love.

10. Qzee

Qzee Forums Regular

Mar 23, 2015
    NJ
    They are both so cute. Congratulations. Can't wait to see which one you choose. The one on the left appears bigger than the boy on the right...