Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

A little help on what to feed now

Discussion in 'Commercial Food' started by frankienme, May 27, 2012.

1. LadyMcBeth

LadyMcBeth Forums Enthusiast

Oct 30, 2010
    San Marcos TX
    I was a long time TOTW user. I recently switched Daisy to Hi-Tek Naturals Grain-free....which has gotten good reviews and is actually cheaper in price... on Amazon, ten dollars cheaper than TOTW. She is doing well on this food...smaller stools actually, and gobbles up her kibble....

Here is the food review:

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/hi-tek-naturals-grain-free/

I contacted the company about the possibility of ethoxyquin, and they assured me there was none in their product.

Here is their website:

http://www.hiteknaturals.com/

Hope this gives you another option.

2. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    I never had a problem either with TOTW,until we came back from vacation,and Brian bought a bag of Bison/venison,and its lot number was listed as a recall. Just in that one week,I had dogs vomiting,cannon butt,fevers,and listlessness.

Jasper could not even control the vomit ,it would roll from his mouth,even when he was outside.Just so so sick. Mia developed cannon butt. I caught hers quickly,and started giving meds from my vet.

As far as the Nutrisource,if you click on those links,you will be able to read all the content breakdowns,& annalysis of protein,fat etc.. And there is no Ethoxiquin!

My next bag is the grain free chicken. If you look closely,you will also see all the kibble that Tuffy's makes. There is one that begins with a "V". And it looks awesome.

On a side note,my dogs coats are unbelievable.I had never seen this with TOTW. They glisten,and even thier attitudes are differant. They play more,energetic etc. I am very pleased with Tuffy's food,and it is a keeper.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  3. Lysette85

Lysette85 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2011
    Ithaca, NY
    Thank you for the info! I find it strange that both foods are given a 4 out of 5 star rating and TOTW is given 5 out of 5. I don't classify TOTW in the same category as Acana, Orijen, etc-even though the Orijen didn't agree with my dogs-I still think its a higher quality than TOTW. Weird.

4. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    Seeing what I am seeing,my dogs NEVER looked this good eating TOTW.And they were on it nearly 3 years. I wished I had found Tuffy's products before now,as they would have been on it since thier arrival home.

I do order it,and I find it conveinant.I cannot get it without a long drive.And I know I will never run out of it.