A petco experiance.

I know I'm a horrible owner for even bothering to look this up but... it's sad and funny and the shelties are so cute...

But I actually did a google image search for "Shaved Sheltie" and came up with some pictures that made me both laugh and cry.

http://pics.livejournal.com/zingerq/pic/00012cq7/s320x240
http://flickr.com/photos/22819617@N00/2689083847
http://studioperfection.com/nouveau_site/photos_diverses/therapie_sheltie_tyroide.jpg
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/85151745/Flickr
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/XuryWKORbg-QlmnhvjTKCA

They are NEVER doing that to my pup. Granted it would be funny if it only lasted for a day, but I think both the pup and I would die of embarassment if it took 8 months to grow back.

Those are horrible! Especially the last two! Imagine a lion cut on a Sheltie! What were they thinking?

Years ago, I had a groomer who was fantastic with Shelties. Then she moved somewhere and I never found her again. She was especially good with ears and feet. My current groomer isn't too bad, but I always have to remind her to NOT trim his forelegs or the long hair around the outside of his belly. I prefer to shape those myself. And the ears are never quite right.
But she DOES know the poop chute! The first time I went and asked her for this, she laughed out loud. She said that beside herself, I'm the only other person she knew who used the term. Thanks to Chris, of course!
 
I am lucky enough that my groomer is also a foster mom for our local sheltie rescue. She does a fantastic job on Shelties. Now...I need to go make an appointment :lol:
 
I lucked out on grooming too.

April's groomer used to, (don't think she does anymore) breed Shelties. I knew of her when I called to ask about grooming. She told me she had a full schedule, and wouldn't be able to take me. Then she asked what kind of dog I had. Sheltie. April got an appointment right quick! Shelly does a beautiful job with her.

Her next appoint, is coming up, early Sept. And does she need it!
 
there is a girl who works sales at my friends pet store she is also a groomer at petco. I asked her where she went to grooming school she told me Petco has their own grooming school they send them to. It's part time classes for 6 wks.
This explains why all the dogs that come out of there look horribly the same.
This is also why she only works sales at my friends store who also offers grooming.

Have we forgotten the very popular puggle? pug/beagle mix and there has been a dog on petfinder I feel so sorry for it's a sheltie yorkie mix and the poor think is very odd looking. Imagine your Shelties face on top of a yorkie body with yorkie hair. It kind of looks like Sassquach the Sheltie. I guess that would be a Shelkie.
 
Back
Top