A Xmas Special: Anal Expression!

First of all, this is the most hilarious post!!!! I can just see you in there, trying to make sense of this. When I was a groomer, I did this on every dog during the bath. I haven't had a need to do it to my Shelties -- just not an issue. No, you didn't miss a great deal. :wink2:
 
Chris: I have a really twisted sense of humor and seeing these posters in the vet's office just had me hysterical. I guess I just never thought about it. Diane, the receptionist, was so obviously "Hello? You want to get with the anal program?" that I left feeling like a totally-uninformed moron.

Gussy Gus hasn't displayed any "anal" issues so far and, based on general consensus here, I'll probably pass on the expression special and hang out for a free "wet comb and blow." :winkgrin:
 
I am not a vet, just a pet person. If my vet had something like this I would be laughing so hard my gut would hurt. Knowing my vets, they would just say, we have a problem here with an anal gland.

I am sorry, but this is marketing alright for what I call CHA CHANG $$$. Sounds like he wants your money for an anal smile on his face. I would be giving him an expression, with one of my fingers. Honestly I am not trying to sound mean, I get aggravated when I think someone is marketing something that more then likely doesn not need to be done just for the almighty buck.
 
I am not a vet, just a pet person. If my vet had something like this I would be laughing so hard my gut would hurt. Knowing my vets, they would just say, we have a problem here with an anal gland.

I am sorry, but this is marketing alright for what I call CHA CHANG $$$. Sounds like he wants your money for an anal smile on his face. I would be giving him an expression, with one of my fingers. Honestly I am not trying to sound mean, I get aggravated when I think someone is marketing something that more then likely doesn not need to be done just for the almighty buck.

Anal glands were not my favorite thing to do. If owners wanted to learn how to do it, I'd gladly teach them how. :winkgrin:I don't think I'd run a special on it. Alot of dogs do need it, not a huge concern in shelties(most who do are overweight)
 
Anal glands were not my favorite thing to do. If owners wanted to learn how to do it, I'd gladly teach them how. :winkgrin:I don't think I'd run a special on it. Alot of dogs do need it, not a huge concern in shelties(most who do are overweight)

What is so funny is to have a sign up. I believe you too Justicemom would say lets talk about anal glands you have a problem.

Its hysterical, through the years of having dogs, I never heard of anything like this. Its a good deal, need it or not. I believe there are many great vets out there who are like mine, very compassionate, supportive, and are sensible.

I don't think if I was a vet like you I would enjoy anal glands either. Oh my!
My shelties never had the gland problem thank goodness, or my setters.

God love your heart for being on this board Justicemom!!!
 
Back
Top