absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!

snkoyle15

Forums Enthusiast
this isnt about Gizmo, this is about our pyr puppy Jenna. she has the most HORRIBLE NASTY gas i have ever smelt!!!! it so sooooooo bad, there are times if we cant see her we have to go make sure she didnt poop somewhere! we dont know if its from her food (she eats Avoderm large breed puppy and has since we got her) or not because she did have a little bit of gas when we brought her home, but we figured it might just be from the stressful ride home. but it never went away. we have had her for 6 weeks and oh my goodness its bad! sometimes it will happen several times an hour, others it wont happen all day. :S any ideas?:ick:ick:ick if anyone is familiar with pyrs, do they just tend to be gassy? i asked this on the pyrenees forum i found, but it is not any where near as active as this group is so i figured id ask here too.
 
I don't think it is normal for a dog to be gassy all the time...

I would definitly start with switching her food. Maybe she is allergic to something in it? If I remember correctly most probable allergy causes in food can be : chicken, eggs, and well I forget, but I am sure other members here will pitch in with some ideas.

Good luck!
 
One of the things that clued me in to Lexi's chicken sensitivity was her gas. That was sometimes followed by diarrhea, but I agree that switching food is a good start (maybe to a different protein source? Or something limited ingredient?)
 
Spitfire could kill plants with his gas (and almost me and Sca) when he first came home and had Cociddia (or a name close to that). If nothing has changed on diet there is a chance she has caught some kind of intestinal bug maybe?

FWIW it cleared the air here though Spitfire still can crack one off that should not come out of such a small dog on occasion :eek2:
 
Phoebe was like that when she was on Origen and Acana. I switched her to a lower protein diet and the gas stopped. I originally changed to TOTW Pacifica which was about 26% protein but after the recall I moved to Fromm Salmon and Tunalini at 28% so it wasn't a huge protein drop but obviously enough. You'll notice that all of these are grain free foods so it wasn't a grain issue but I can't tell you what the fat differences was as I no longer have a TOTW bag around. Hope you can get it under control. I know I'm really happy not to have to live with the odour de pewy anymore.
 
my husband is the one that takes her out for now, so i asked about her poop. most days it is firm all day long, others not so much. there is a wide range of "firmness"; anywhere from really nice and firm to really really soft squishy/smeary/doesnt hold any shape. BUT we had been kinda "playing" around with how many times we feed her and how much. on the days she gets feed 3 times a day it is firm and nice all day long. when we only get to feed her twice, it screws her poop up, especially when we cant get her outside to poop the second time til kinda late. then it will be really really soft and smeary. so my husband feels that the poop differences are just from us changing her feedings around, not from a sensitivity. just a month or two ago we had problems with Gizmo's poop being really soft a lot of the time. but i think he has a lamb sensitivity. when we changed him to fish, and when he has been on chicken, his poop was just fine. so i guess my husband feels Jennas poop really only changes when we change something about feeding, and that its not really a sensitivity. though he could be wrong.
 
Back
Top