Agility trial this weekend

Good luck at your trial. Just breathe and run hard. :smile2:

I don't have that much experience with agility but I have alot with obedience. Justice alone has shown in over 500 classes(just looked that up).:eek2: But there are times, I still get very nervous. Not as bad as when I was in Novice A or my first time in Utility. But the butterflys are there, I think it is human nature as we want to do well or we don't want to look like a fool. I also wanted something to show for my money.:lol:

My mind set now is to prepare the best you can if something isn't working don't try to fix it right before a trial, it will just get worse. At the trial, I go with the expectation of spending the day with my best friend. Nothing more. If the trial doesn't go right, I look for something that did go right. Wow, Justice had a perfect broadjump, wasn't Ember's effort really good on her fronts. The things that we didn't do well, we make a mental note to work on later and I let them go. I also learn not to worry about looking foolish. Dogs are not robots and we've all had days when they make up their own exercises or courses even OTCH and MACH dogs.

We have a saying "bad practctice, good show" meaning the dogs that are absolutely horrible in the last practice before the show usually have the best show day. May that be true for you too.:smile2:
 
Cheryl I'm hoping that you and Koji have a great time!
So, an hour drive there...find a CD that you like to sing along to and just sing the whole way there. It will get your seratonin levels up and put you in a positive frame of mind (plus most dogs love it, to them its happy bark-talk).

You've set some reasonable goals and expectations for this trial, so have fun and let it rip! You know that we're all impressed that you're GOING...its about the trying, the bonding, and the training, not about the score at the end of a trial.

I'm so jealous by the way. I'm really hoping to find some time, some where, to start working Figaro and Newton in agility.
 
Good luck to you this weekend! As everyone else has said, keep it light and fun for both of you.

I'm a little jealous that you get to compete though. I'm getting really antsy to compete again. I missed the first TDAA trial within a 2 hour radius of me a few weeks ago because there was no way I could make it to the trail and back in time for the function my DH's Volunteer Fire Department was having that night (I already committed to helping them out like I do every year.) My next trial opportunity is at the end of February at the TDAA trial my club hosts.

Don't be too jealous. After this, I don't think I'll get any in until May. There's one in Feb, but it's V-day weekend. And I was on the wait list for 2 weeks. hehehe. That's what happens when you send in your form/money late. I guess Koji and I have a lot to work on until May. Not sure why there's a big gap. It's one reason I'm thinking of doing AKC Jumpers.
 
Cheryl to make it easier "Think Valium" Really you and Koji will be fine and will Q. I feel it. Well, I am not really sure how long rehab will be but I do know he said i will be running in March as I entered Sting and Shadow in the LEAP trial.Tell, you what I will send Shadow to you and you can run him. As long as you have food he will run for you. Just tell Him where to go and he will.Just lace up your runninfg shoes. I think shadow has a couple NADAC titles.:winkgrin:

Uh-oh. I need to get into shape pronto then. Maybe Shadow can teach Koji how to run fast, however, since Shadow has distance well, I don't have to run too much. I'll be at Koji's side this weekend. He's being very sticky right now. I should post some sad videos. lol.

BTW, Koji runs for food to. I should get him a shirt, "will run for food". lol. I'll send one to Shadow.
 
Back
Top