AKC Registration Statistics

Also keep in mind this is just AKC registered dogs. Who knows how many dogs are purchased and are not AKC registered. There are probably more non-registered dogs.

I wonder how drastically the list would change if it was for all dogs in America. Too bad they don't include dogs on the census.
 
Last edited:
Wish that would happen in Canada. There seems to be deductions for everything else and tax rebates for everything else. It's about time our dogs got recognized for the companions that they are.
 
This bill would be awesome, but with the amount of debt this country is in, it won't happen any time soon :(

Everybody else gets something for free.

Nobody pays for my food, except for me.
Nobody is giving me a reduced income home to live in.
Nobody is giving me a monthly check. I get a check every two weeks, but I work for that one.
I can't even get my school paid for. It comes out of my own pocket.

So I say hogwash! Give me a little something something! :yes:
 
Everybody else gets something for free.

Nobody pays for my food, except for me.
Nobody is giving me a reduced income home to live in.
Nobody is giving me a monthly check. I get a check every two weeks, but I work for that one.
I can't even get my school paid for. It comes out of my own pocket.

So I say hogwash! Give me a little something something! :yes:

I understand exactly where you're coming from, but I hope you and everyone else who is advocating for tax relief for pet owners is kidding. The 'give me freebies' attitude is exactly what has placed the U.S. in the situation we are in now. I would be happy if the gov't would just leave private citizens alone and be less intrusive in our lives.

That's the end of my politically charged rant for the day.
 
That REALLY surprises me. I almost never see shelties here, and most people don't even know what they are.

Where are all the shelties?!

Certainly not here in Cheraw! The most shelties that were here in this town,were here for the gathering.:biggrin2:
To my knowledge,there is only 1 other sheltie here in town.
 
I understand exactly where you're coming from, but I hope you and everyone else who is advocating for tax relief for pet owners is kidding. The 'give me freebies' attitude is exactly what has placed the U.S. in the situation we are in now. I would be happy if the gov't would just leave private citizens alone and be less intrusive in our lives.

That's the end of my politically charged rant for the day.

You are absolutely right. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen. So since the gov't is taking 35% of my hard earned money, I'm all for anything that'll give back some of my money.

But it really doesn't matter because that tax break for pet owners is never going to be passed.
 
I understand exactly where you're coming from, but I hope you and everyone else who is advocating for tax relief for pet owners is kidding. The 'give me freebies' attitude is exactly what has placed the U.S. in the situation we are in now. I would be happy if the gov't would just leave private citizens alone and be less intrusive in our lives.

That's the end of my politically charged rant for the day.

I was trying to be funny. :wink2: At the very least I think people who have service dogs should get a write off. I am not sure if they already do, but I think it is probably unlikely. I think they should get all of their vet bills, pet food, and everything else written off of their taxes.

Like Randi said though, we're not going to get the write off anyway. The people who actually need things are always the ones that have to do without in these types of situations. So now I will leave for work and actually work for my paycheck, pay for my own supper while I am at work, and come back home to a house that was not given to my family on a discount.

I would like to point out though, that is completely wrong and unjust that people can use their food stamp cards to buy chewing gum. Yes, you can buy chewing gum in the state of Arkansas with food stamps. Happens every day. I can't get my dog food paid for by the federal government, but let's not let poor starving people go without their Trident or Bubble Yum!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top