AKC Trials

For those that know how to play FAST or have run it, I have a question.

Do you have to wait for the "buzzer" to go off before you start the distance portion? Can you run it at anytime? How does it work? From what I"m reading, it sounds like you do it at the end, however, after the buzzer goes off, you're losing points per second. But then, I saw some samples and they show the dogs taking the distance part in the middle of point accumulation. Sheesh. Games can get confusing. lol.

I finally did some computations to figure out how many obstacles Koji should be able to take before my time is up. lol. Oh, about 15 if he's running top speed, so I'll gauge about 12-13. If I can get enough points. Sheesh. Games. My brain already hurts.

Good thing we have agility class tonight.
 
Good luck to you too. Is Lexi running yet? Or just training? And good luck with Bentley's contacts. :) It looks like we'll have about 300 runs per day. I'd say over half of them in Excellent.

That sounds like a lot of runs! Of course our trial only has one ring, so that makes a big difference. Are you entering all the different events? I'm not sure about FAST, but I assume it's like Gamblers (no set course at the beginning). Random question, but do you work any of the trials you go to? (Like set bars, or scribe, etc.) I'm always curious how other trials work. Is the trial far from your house?

And no, Lexi's not running. She can't even enter a USDAA trial until she's 18 months old, and she's only 9!

I'm really worried about Bentley's contacts, I think I'll post about that later.
 
First Good Luck this weekend!!!! You are lucky they tell you in the confirmation that you don't have to check in till 12:30. Here usally Novice is the last. They do not hand out the course maps. You just take them .Here when we run we get our numbers and that is where the course maps are.Some trials mail your number to you.Has Kojii seen a broad jump? They are in Novice

Numbers? As in like if you ran a marathon type numbers? Hmmm.... As for the course maps, NADAC doesn't have any. They just have one that you either look at or photograph, or whatevers. So, I'm assuming AKC will at least have some you can take. Good. I hope some are left when I get there. lol.

As for the broad jump, thanks for the reminder. We don't typically work that or the other funky jumps (regular bars, but also spread out, what are those called, reminds me more of horse jumps), however, with the CPE trial, he took them cleanly (both types). So, I'm not worrying about it. Seems like he tends to do things more correctly at trials than in class (tire, broad jumps, etc). The only thing I'm worried about is the table. Nuts, huh? Now THAT we've never really used in the "wait 5 seconds" in trial.
 
Good Luck this weekend, Cheryl. You'll do great. All the AKC trials I been to all 3:lol: They had course maps to take at check in. How nice that they gave you a time to check in. I had to get there at 7am to get Ember measured. They did have 2 rings and Std was the second class after ex. FAST so we didn't have to wait too long.

I watched FAST and there is no set course except the gamble and that can be done at any time. You just need to get your 55 points in Novice in any order, do the gamble and get out under time. I don't really know how to explain it other than that as I've never seen the other venues.

Ember, Diva, Justice and I are showing this weekend too. Ember and Justice are doing Obedience on Fri (Open and Utility) and Ember Agility on Sun. We didn't get in on Sat. Diva is doing agility on Sun as well. Oh my.:eek2: The Tri dog ricocheting around the ring will be us. No she really can do it but it will be an adventure.:smile2: BTW there are only 4 dogs in Novice at my trial. 2 are mine. Please pass the oxygen please.:smile2: Luckily Ember is first.
 
Akc

Numbers? As in like if you ran a marathon type numbers? Hmmm.... As for the course maps, NADAC doesn't have any. They just have one that you either look at or photograph, or whatevers. So, I'm assuming AKC will at least have some you can take. Good. I hope some are left when I get there. lol.

As for the broad jump, thanks for the reminder. We don't typically work that or the other funky jumps (regular bars, but also spread out, what are those called, reminds me more of horse jumps), however, with the CPE trial, he took them cleanly (both types). So, I'm not worrying about it. Seems like he tends to do things more correctly at trials than in class (tire, broad jumps, etc). The only thing I'm worried about is the table. Nuts, huh? Now THAT we've never really used in the "wait 5 seconds" in trial.

By numbers I meant to say armbands
 
That sounds like a lot of runs! Of course our trial only has one ring, so that makes a big difference. Are you entering all the different events? I'm not sure about FAST, but I assume it's like Gamblers (no set course at the beginning). Random question, but do you work any of the trials you go to? (Like set bars, or scribe, etc.) I'm always curious how other trials work. Is the trial far from your house?

And no, Lexi's not running. She can't even enter a USDAA trial until she's 18 months old, and she's only 9!

Oh my. I didn't realize Lexi was so young. LOL. For some reason, I thought she was older. Must be that her coat is filling out. hehehe. I have worked, but only at NADAC. I tend not to work at things I've never ran, so I haven't worked CPE nor AKC.

For NADAC, I've done it all but the gate keeper person. Setting bars is my least favorite cuz it gets hot out there. lol. At least if you time or scribe it's under a tarp, and usually, their timing is electronic.

As for distance, it's somewhat far, but a lot closer than my NADAC ones. This weekends trial is about 35 miles away. The typical NADAC is about 70.
 
Well, I don't know why they call them armbands when all it is a label withyour number on it and you stick it anywhere you want to as long as the judge sees it.Make sure kojii has no tags dangling from his collars(Rabies name tag) or you will get disqualified
 
I watched FAST and there is no set course except the gamble and that can be done at any time. You just need to get your 55 points in Novice in any order, do the gamble and get out under time. I don't really know how to explain it other than that as I've never seen the other venues.

Ember, Diva, Justice and I are showing this weekend too. Ember and Justice are doing Obedience on Fri (Open and Utility) and Ember Agility on Sun. We didn't get in on Sat. Diva is doing agility on Sun as well. Oh my.:eek2: The Tri dog ricocheting around the ring will be us. No she really can do it but it will be an adventure.:smile2: BTW there are only 4 dogs in Novice at my trial. 2 are mine. Please pass the oxygen please.:smile2: Luckily Ember is first.

Thanks for the explanation about FAST, that totally makes sense. I've been reading enough that it makes sense. lol. I just wasn't sure how it was laid out. Seems each venue does it differently.

Oh my. I'm tired after reading about your Sunday adventure in agility. Does obedience feel that crazy? Or is it just agility because you're literally running? My friend runs two dogs also, sometimes, I have to stand there with one dog, wait, for her to run, then hand off her dogs. Luckily she's moved up to Open, so I don't have run Koji in between. lol. I see her running around and it makes me all crazy. And her two run different heights!!! Good luck on Sunday. 4 dogs huh? Move yours to first and last. lol. Yikes!
 
Well, I don't know why they call them armbands when all it is a label withyour number on it and you stick it anywhere you want to as long as the judge sees it.Make sure kojii has no tags dangling from his collars(Rabies name tag) or you will get disqualified

LOL. So it's basically a sticker, huh? Hmmm....I'll make sure to check if we need those or not. Also, the dogs can run naked, right? I have to run Koji naked in NADAC so I typically just have him on a slip lead. He has his tags on him for all of the walk from the truck to our seats. Then off it comes. I hope so, cuz I don't have any "legal" collars. lol.
 
Back
Top