Allergies?

OMG. 48 hours later and Miko hasn't really bitten his feet this entire time I've been online. That's amazing.

Must be the grass, which means I have to put his booties on all the time. Ugh!
May look into those booties Ashley mentioned. I like that they're soft, flexible, but waterproof.

Even though I believe in natural as much as possible Max is on cortisone because he has allergies of the outdoors. He had yeast issues which I addressed with grain free, also diluted organic apple cider vinegar. I wipe his paws and ears . Ears at night and paws every time he comes in. His allergist suggested betadine. The last time at night he comes in we would let him stand in it for five minutes. Now we don't have to do that anymore. I give him supplements to build him up and probiotics are number one. We've also started weaning him off cortisone as the summer comes to an end and allergies aren't so obvious. This has been three years and lots of money to get here. Max is a rescue so I had little information. But I finally feel we have his itching under control and he has pancreatitus so we have to be careful what we use. Also max isn't an outside dog. We take him to the boardwalk for excercise ( no grass)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I believe in natural as much as possible Max is on cortisone because he has allergies of the outdoors. He had yeast issues which I addressed with grain free, also diluted organic apple cider vinegar. I wipe his paws and ears . Ears at night and paws every time he comes in. His allergist suggested betadine. The last time at night he comes in we would let him stand in it for five minutes. Now we don't have to do that anymore. I give him supplements to build him up and probiotics are number one. We've also started weaning him off cortisone as the summer comes to an end and allergies aren't so obvious. This has been three years and lots of money to get here. Max is a rescue so I had little information. But I finally feel we have his itching under control and he has pancreatitus so we have to be careful what we use. Also max isn't an outside dog. We take him to the boardwalk for excercise ( no grass)


Glad Max is doing better. Just curious, is the allergist an allergist or dermatologist? And how did you find one?

I'm wondering if I should somehow get Miko actually diagnosed. I noticed he's chewing on his feet again. Not as bad, but still doing it. He got another baking soda foot soak. I may do it again after this Saturday (we'll be out and about). I'd really like to stay away from any drugs due to his k/d, but I'd have to weigh the pros and cons of any drug.
 
Maybe I spoke too soon? It seems he's not biting as much when I'm sleeping, he at least no longer wakes me up. But, I did notice he's still biting. I may try the baking soda water bit every few days for now. But otherwise, at least it's not as much still....but getting worse again. Sigh.
 
Glad Max is doing better. Just curious, is the allergist an allergist or dermatologist? And how did you find one?

I'm wondering if I should somehow get Miko actually diagnosed. I noticed he's chewing on his feet again. Not as bad, but still doing it. He got another baking soda foot soak. I may do it again after this Saturday (we'll be out and about). I'd really like to stay away from any drugs due to his k/d, but I'd have to weigh the pros and cons of any drug.

He is an allergist, took him to a animal hospital. Maybe its a yeast problem. In that case try orangic apple cider vinegar with water, wipe his ears and feet. Did you try the betadine foot bath. These things take time to of away, a few weeks at least. :). Don't give up these are fixable problems.
 
I should try soaking his paws in apple cider vinegar too, as Lynnel suggested, just to be safe. He should feel almost immediate relief if he's having a yeast problem.

You could also try colloidal silver, which is expensive but a very good natural anti-fungal. You could either give it to him by mouth in a dropper or put it directly on his feet. I've had great success myself with colloidal silver.

Substituting sweet potato for regular potatoes is also a good idea. If he does have a yeast problem sweet potato is less likely to trigger a yeast growth.

I don't know if you've ever had athletes foot, which is essentially the same thing. It can make you feel like you're going to loose your mind, it itches so much.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top