So I was doing it right all along! Neechee had an eye condition and I had to wash his face almost twice daily. My mom (who is NOT a dog person) had the idea when he was a tiny little pup and he was staying with her for a couple of days.
About the cat washing? My cranky old Siamese got *COVERED* in room-temp bacon grease after it was accidentally left out on the kitchen counter. I confined him to the bathroom so I could clean up the messy floor, then discovered he had tried to clean himself. The more he licked, the worse it got. He didn't even make a sound (and he was a big howler if you even looked at him crosseyed - though I doubt if he could tell HOW you looked at him as he was crosseyed himself) when I dunked him in the bathtub.
About the cat washing? My cranky old Siamese got *COVERED* in room-temp bacon grease after it was accidentally left out on the kitchen counter. I confined him to the bathroom so I could clean up the messy floor, then discovered he had tried to clean himself. The more he licked, the worse it got. He didn't even make a sound (and he was a big howler if you even looked at him crosseyed - though I doubt if he could tell HOW you looked at him as he was crosseyed himself) when I dunked him in the bathtub.