Annoying

I'd be careful about that, if it doesnt have chocolate(which is news to me) then the sugary peanut butter isn't that good either, can you use regular peanut butter?

She's right, Reese's Pieces are not supposed to have any chocolate in them - they are simply candy coated peanut butter drops. The key words in that sentence are "supposed to".

The risk you take by giving the dog those candies is that they may have been accidentally contaminated by chocolate via the machines they are made with. I don't know if Hershey has a 100% separate plant that they use for the Reese's Pieces versus the new Almond Joy Pieces, York Pieces, and Hershey's Special Dark Pieces - some of which DO contain chocolate, like the Special Dark.

You, Herd4fun, are correct that even if they are chocolate free, the sugar isn't good for the dogs. However, Melissa did state she only gives her dog 1 or 2 candies once or twice a month. While not great for them, she's not overkilling on the treats. If they were used in training, THAT may be too much.

Melissa, may I suggest trying Zuke's Mini Naturals Peanut Butter flavor for training treats? They are small, all natural, soft training treats that are made in the USA and dogs LOVE them. It will give him the peanut butter he loves in a safe manner.
 
I'd be careful about that, if it doesnt have chocolate(which is news to me) then the sugary peanut butter isn't that good either, can you use regular peanut butter?

Oh I am not going to use it as a recall treat that would be to much sugar because you have to give them so many. I was just stating that he likes them. I would never give him more the 2 or 3 at a time and I only eat them like once or twice a month I just know he loves them and will do anything to get one! Thanks.
 
She's right, Reese's Pieces are not supposed to have any chocolate in them - they are simply candy coated peanut butter drops. The key words in that sentence are "supposed to".

The risk you take by giving the dog those candies is that they may have been accidentally contaminated by chocolate via the machines they are made with. I don't know if Hershey has a 100% separate plant that they use for the Reese's Pieces versus the new Almond Joy Pieces, York Pieces, and Hershey's Special Dark Pieces - some of which DO contain chocolate, like the Special Dark.

You, Herd4fun, are correct that even if they are chocolate free, the sugar isn't good for the dogs. However, Melissa did state she only gives her dog 1 or 2 candies once or twice a month. While not great for them, she's not overkilling on the treats. If they were used in training, THAT may be too much.

Melissa, may I suggest trying Zuke's Mini Naturals Peanut Butter flavor for training treats? They are small, all natural, soft training treats that are made in the USA and dogs LOVE them. It will give him the peanut butter he loves in a safe manner.

I have heard of Zuke's and I will look for them I bet he would really like those thanks for the idea!!
 
Technically, ANY dog, purebred or not, can now compete in AKC Performance since AKC is now allowing mixed breeds.

Well, almost. Pure bred PAL dogs can do tracking, herding, earthdog, hunting, and lure coursing in addition to the companion events (whatever is appropriate to their breed.) Obedience/Rally, Agility, and tracking are companion events, the rest are considered performance events.

Mixed breeds are only eligible for Obedience/Rally and Agility, for now. I suspect they will soon add tracking to that list, it's not breed-specific like the other performance events.
 
Well, almost. Pure bred PAL dogs can do tracking, herding, earthdog, hunting, and lure coursing in addition to the companion events (whatever is appropriate to their breed.) Obedience/Rally, Agility, and tracking are companion events, the rest are considered performance events.

Mixed breeds are only eligible for Obedience/Rally and Agility, for now. I suspect they will soon add tracking to that list, it's not breed-specific like the other performance events.

Thanks for clarifying.
 
Well, almost. Pure bred PAL dogs can do tracking, herding, earthdog, hunting, and lure coursing in addition to the companion events (whatever is appropriate to their breed.) Obedience/Rally, Agility, and tracking are companion events, the rest are considered performance events.

Mixed breeds are only eligible for Obedience/Rally and Agility, for now. I suspect they will soon add tracking to that list, it's not breed-specific like the other performance events.

We were talking about purebreds with out papers.
 
Back
Top