Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Another Dog Food Recall

Discussion in 'Commercial Food' started by Ron Atkinson, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Just wanted to let everyone know that Midwestern Pet Foods has had a FDA ordered recall.The company processes 12 different brands of dog food. I got the email from Dog Food Advisor who sends me information I trust.

ghggp, Ann, Sharon7 and 4 others like this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    I also get their alerts. It's been a real pattern lately. :rolleyes2:

ghggp, Ron Atkinson and Piper's mom like this.
  3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Thanks, Ron. I was surprised to see Earthborn Holistic on this list. A top-rated food a few years ago!

4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    and one that we have used frequently. we had actually just switched to another brand when the recall came out earlier....
    going to have to find something to take its place.

5. Ron Atkinson

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    I was using their product (earthborn) until the vol. Recall in January. It was recommended for Teddy's weight loss journey I called the store and they didn't even know about the recall. I learned my lesson and take store experts with a healthy dose of do not believe . Fortunately Teddy is easy to feed if it looks like food that is all that's required

6. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Yup had to call my mom and tell her to check their dog’s food. I’m pretty sure they feed one of the affected recipes. I explained how to check the lot number and that they might want to consider switching foods. Very disappointing. Reading the FDA warning letter was just… upsetting.

Sharon7, RikyR, Sandy in CT and 2 others like this.
  7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    my pet store sent me an email that they were pulling recalled stuff from their shelves. I don't really talk to the store people about what I want to feed my dogs. I see what people here feed, check the recall sites, check the food websites so I can compare ingredients and then pick something. but I also switch out brands/proteins etc at least every year if not every 6 months.......

8. Ron Atkinson

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    I saw today that Top Quality Dog Food has a recall going now.

Piper's mom likes this.
  9. Ron Atkinson

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    I see today a Voluntary Recall: 10/04/21

Fromm Family Foods is recalling approximately 5500 cases of its canned dog food entrees because they may contain high levels of vitamin D.

According to the Food and Drug Administration, high levels of vitamin D can lead to kidney failure and death in dogs.

Sharon7, Ann and Piper's mom like this.
  10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Far too many recalls of dog food! Imagine if this happened with human food...even one person dying because of poor quality control would be cause for a lawsuit but when it’s dog food it continues time and time again.

RikyR, Sharon7 and Ron Atkinson like this.