Another foster

SunChaser

Forums Enthusiast
I didn't plan it. It just happened. I went to the shelter on a request from my director to check on two collies for St. Petersburg collie rescue. The one isn't ready for release yet but the other one was up for adoption. I put my name on the big guy and went over to the adoption area and there was a SHELTIE listed as a collie mix. We are calling him Harper. He's in terrible shape. Thin and dirty and soooo scared. I have to keep him away from the others as much as I can because with his immune system so low he contracted kennel cough. I have him in the kitchen with a fence between the kitchen and dining room with a big towel over that so my crew can't touch noses with him. He ate his dinner last night after I persuaded him with a bit of boiled rice, strained turkey and cottage cheese mixed in with his kibble. This morning he had oatmeal, some of my home cooked recipe, cottage cheese and kibble mixed. He ate about half of it but I'm leaving it down just in case he wants more. He's so painfully thin that I am reluctant to take any pictures. But I'll try to take a few just to see if they come out ok.

Judy and the Rescue Squad
 
Great big Sheltie Cheer for Judy!!! :biggrin2:

That's how we got our Dunamis, a Chow-Golden. If you don't want a dog, don't visit the shelter; just send money -- that's my rule :o
 
I'm so glad that you saw him Judy! I hope Harper has a quick recovery and I hope he puts on some weight. Big wags & licks from my girls to you and Harper! :winkgrin:
 
After seeing the pictures on the other thread, my heart just breaks to think that a beautiful Sheltie like that could be a stray, that someone didn't want him, that he was out on the street or mishandled in some way. Other dogs I have sympathy for too, but a Sheltie, knowing how intelligent, and loving and sensitive they are, it truly breaks my heart. They really are a breed that gets under your skin and talks to your soul. I know I'm babbling, but I just want you to know that I think you are truly a hero, doing great work. Thank you!
 
You got it Chris!!
Great big Sheltie Cheer for Judy!!!
You are an Angel sent to help these furkids in Florida.:sadsmile: God Bless you Judy!!
Sheltielover I couldn't agree more:
After seeing the pictures on the other thread, my heart just breaks to think that a beautiful Sheltie like that could be a stray, that someone didn't want him, that he was out on the street or mishandled in some way. Other dogs I have sympathy for too, but a Sheltie, knowing how intelligent, and loving and sensitive they are, it truly breaks my heart. They really are a breed that gets under your skin and talks to your soul. I know I'm babbling, but I just want you to know that I think you are truly a hero, doing great work. Thank you!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top