Another Vibrant Pets Question

I totally get VP for older dogs who have joint and hip issues....I'm sure that it has holistic ingredients to alleviate those aches and pains. My timber had glucosamine supplements, and Bacca is on milk thistle for his liver ailments with good results.

I'm just not sure about putting young, healthy pups on these kind of supplements. We should be relying on a good diet instead, don't you think?

Having had an older dog with significant arthritis issues, I look at this as a preventative. Maybe Phebe won't have to experience years of pain and medication, that Foxy did. Also, we're serious about agility competition and feel like it's a way for me to keep her in top condition and lessen the potential for injury.
 
Brad said, "Please ask her please, quick, which formula?"

Show Formula:lol::lol: There really is a difference. I can't believe it. I wanted to take before and after pictures, but then alas, Ron would have to admit it was really there!

(Good gracious, he will have a conniption fit if he sees this post:lol::dead:)
 
I'm just not sure about putting young, healthy pups on these kind of supplements. We should be relying on a good diet instead, don't you think?

That's an excellent point and that's why a lot of people choose not to provide their young healthy dogs with extra vitamins and that's perfectly fine. It's totally up to you. I personally like the benefits that VP offers for even healthy dogs: Creates a shiny coat and healthy skin, Increases hair growth, reduces excessive shedding, Increases digestion and allows more nutrient absorption, and enhances the immune system.

My family has always given all of our dogs a vitamin supplement. VP is just the one I chose for Bailey. My mom also always gave me a daily vitamin, even though I ate a healthy diet....or at least she thought so :winkgrin:
 
.....also always gave me a daily vitamin, even though I ate a healthy diet....or at least she thought so :winkgrin:

AND we all know that our dogs eat.........................poopsicles, kitty crunchies and raccoon raunchies when we are looking:no::confused2:.



(sorry Randi that I used you as the quote into that one!)
 
I guess I am just an old chicken farmer at heart and I put all my eggs in one basket with Cleve and I am not doing that again.

We addressed the thoughts of adding something to his diet during our initial research. But we heard from trusted people and from research on Ron's part, that adding the VP it gives a balance of a good daily vitamin in McKinley diet is not putting our eggs in one basket.

We all look at things from our own experiences and where we are at that moment in time. I so wish I had done better research with Cleveland. There are SO many things I did wrong with his health. I so wish I would have gotten to know other sheltie owners but I thought I didn't need it. Hubris on my part. I wish I could explain this better.

No need,I hear you so clear. I feel your anguish.And as you we are so grateful for everyone here.
 
We tried it because we thought for 7 years that we had Cleveland on a very good food and were doing the best for him. His hips in those last 3 years were getting "crickety and sore." He was only 7 when he went to the bridge.

We have MMM on a better quality food, but all dog food is designed for a wide arrangements of dogs, like you said, everything to every dog. Both Ron and I sat down looked at this and said, "We both take a natural vitamin daily for joints and better health, so let's give McKinley one as well."

We also saw in 2 weeks a huge difference in McKinley fur. It will be many years before we see him crickety and sore and hopefully never. We are doing many things different with this pup than we did with Cleve, mainly because of this Forum. We are very thankful and grateful.

I can also tell you that Ron has now been taking VP daily as well (1 scoop daily) and after I think about 5-6 weeks now, we are seeing new hair growth on his bald spot in the back:eek2:. (He will bonk me on the head if he ever sees this post).

I have taken it also,and I really have not had a full blown in hospital flare up of diverticulitis.I've had flare ups,but usually it was food induced.Popcorn...a hull probably got where it was'nt supposed to be.
Last year from Feb.11th to end of March I was hospitalized 3 weeks.I wanted to die.
hummm...you got me thinking,maybe should offer to Brian.We might save a little on shaving cream! He's been bald for years.:biggrin2:
 
I'm just not sure about putting young, healthy pups on these kind of supplements. We should be relying on a good diet instead, don't you think?

Most, if not all of us *do* feed good diets. But kibble and dog food, no matter how good it may be, is still preserved. I strongly believe that natural supplements such as probiotics and prebiotics only help the body to process the good things they eat and eliminate the bad ones ... yes, all those poopsicles and kitty crunchies etc. A really good supplement may not be necessary, but it certainly isn't going to hurt and the evidence is in the dogs. Without exception, we have all seen visible improvement even in our healthy pups.
 
Thanks for the clarification, guys!

btw - I wasn't beating on VP specifically. In fact, I have a supplement I use as well - Inflight - but I'm not seeing any drastic change, so I was questioning value overall.
 
Back
Top