Any respected show breeders in America?

Sheltie.Mama

Forums Enthusiast
I trust everyone on here, so I would like you to PM me the links or names/websites of some respected show breeders.. Thank you in advance!
 
What one respects another may not. It is truly something you have do to your leg work on and find what works for you. You can start on the ASSA site or local breed clubs and work out from there and get to know people in your area and who you want to work with.
 
I agree that there are MANY different opinions on show breeders. It also depends on what you want for color and how much you have to spend. I have experience with only one top breeder who specializes in blue merles - Guy and Thelma Mauldin, Kismet Kennels (Houston area). I believe he is or has been the top US breeder for multiple years.

I am now retired and live in Singapore so have not seen Guy for many years but do correspond with him from time to time.

Good Luck,

Dan
 
I have had the pleasure over the years of meeting many breeders, big and small. There are several whom I wouldn't hesitate to contact fr a Sheltie -- for pet purposes. I suspect they'd hesitate to sell me a show prospect unless I had a good plan to begin in that game. For that, I respect them.
 
Back
Top