Anyone else use pedigreelines.com?

Missing Link!

Hunter's Mom,

That would be great as I've got the same issue, except with the sire not the dam.
 
Help Please !!

Hunter's Mom I can't get anywhere with this program . It keeps telling me I have entered invalid info with this registration. I'm copying it right from the Certified Pedigree paper that was sent to me by The American Kennel Club. So if you could help I'd appreciate it. Thanks ,Elaine
 
Help for those having trouble

1st thing I recommend is to create yourself an account if you haven't already. Here are the steps for adding a dog not already in the system:
1. Make sure you have an AKC pedigree for your dog. You will need information from it including name, reg # and color from sires & dams. If you do not have this, you can purchase a 4-gen pedigree for $10 from the AKC.org store. The upgraded 5-gen pedigree is $12 I believe.
2. Log into your account and drop your mouse over "My.....". Click the link for "Add a dog". (Make sure you have checked to see if your dog is already entered to avoid duplicates)
3. A form will pop up, anything marked with a * is a required field. Anything highlighted yellow is a box that will suggest names already in the system if you type in a few letters. For example, if Hunter's sire "Penny's Buddy" were already in the system and I started typing "Penn....", the system would search and find all dogs whose names start with those letters. I would then select the appropriate dog.
4. Fill out as much information as you can. What confused me at first was the space for "owners name". Since my name was not in the system I had to enter it. 1st in the yellow box and then my first and last names in the appropriate "new owner" boxes to add me to the system.
5. Click "Add" and the dog you just entered will be added to your dogs pending approval. You can view and edit these dogs by again dropping your mouse over "My..." and selecting the "Dogs" link. A volunteer will verify and, if there are no errors or missing info, will approve your dog(s) to be added to the system.
>>If your dog's sire and/or dam is not already in the system, you will have to add them as well as grand-sires/dams and so on.
6. To add a dam/sire. Go to "My...Dogs" and click your dogs sire or dam. (It will be pending approval from entering your dog) Click the dog you wish to add info for, click "Edit this dog's info" and add its info (color, B-day, sire & dam etc).
7. Keep repeating until A. the system has sire/dam info for the dog(s) you are entering (If the dogs are in the system, the system will make the connection and do the rest for you! :smile2:) OR B. until you have entered in all the info you have from your dog's pedigree.
I know when I entered in Hunter's pedigree, I had to purchase another generation to get back further to dogs already in the system, at least on his sire's side. I am stuck about 5-6 gens out on his dam's side :(

I hope all this made sense, it is late here! :lol:
Let me know if any of you are still having issues. I think this is a great way for us to participate in a little bit of Sheltie history. The more dogs we enter, the more complete it is! I know I wish I had complete info on Hunter's dam and a few dogs missing info from his sire's side. Some day, I will buy the pedigrees I need to complete the missing links.

Best of luck to you all and happy pedigree hunting!

~Sara & Hunter




Hunter's Mom I can't get anywhere with this program . It keeps telling me I have entered invalid info with this registration. I'm copying it right from the Certified Pedigree paper that was sent to me by The American Kennel Club. So if you could help I'd appreciate it. Thanks ,Elaine
 
I tried to create an account for our Shelly on the pedigreeline web site. It wouldn't let me stateing invalid info with registration( it wanted a title she had won inputed) * is marked as a required field. Shelly has no titles. Now we are able to get her gen pedigree way back on both her Dam and Sire's sides. Both Shelly's Dam and the Sire were titled so I'm thinking..... maybe that's the reason some of you may not be able to view either the sire's or the dam's information is because one or both of them may not have been titled and the system wouldn't let the breeder or owner enter the names of the dogs that do not have titles . I do see some dogs don't have titles next to thier names but like I said they won't let me put in our dog because she wasn't titled. So for exp... lets say Shelly became BIS CH RN(wow just to think:lol: wishful thinking ) I then would be able to enter her name and which titles she had won. I would also enter Shelly's dam and sire (now at this point if the dam and sire weren't titled they now would be entered into the system because it's a * field and must be entered in and now that information would stay in the system in case anyone else was to type in their names they would then find them (hope that make sense)). I was just trying to figure out why some of us can get information and other can't . I could be all wrong about this it just a thought. You can tell if the sire or dam is titled by looking on your AKC certificate they sent you it would state CH in front of the name or ROM CC RN after the name. This pedigreeline site is great.....the breeder we got Shelly from gave us a certificate of pedigree going back 4 gen so we didn't have to purchase it from AKC but this site goes back many more gen and even show alot of pictures from her family tree.
 
Last edited:
Any registered dog can be entered onto this site.

The only dogs not allowed are dogs who are not registered with a reputable Kennel Club. Without that registration, the site voluteers cannot verify lineage.
You certainly can add a dog that does not have any titles, Hunter doesn't and he is on there as are the other 46 dogs I've entered. Not all of them had titles, only a handful actually did.
When it says "Enter name with titles" that is where (example) 'BISS Ch. My Sheltie Dog CDX RN' would go. If the dog was not titled, just put 'My Sheltie Dog' in both the "Name without titles" and "Name with titles" boxes.
(Keep in mind that, per the AKC, the CGC is not a title, it is a certification, and does not get entered after the dogs name. There is a drop down box to add it, it is considered an 'achievement' versus a title like Ch., CD, OA, RN etc.)

Hope that clears things up.


I tried to create an account for our Shelly on the pedigreeline web site. It wouldn't let me stateing invalid info with registration( it wanted a title she had won inputed) * is marked as a required field. Shelly has no titles. Now we are able to get her gen pedigree way back on both her Dam and Sire's sides. Both Shelly's Dam and the Sire were titled so I'm thinking..... maybe that's the reason some of you may not be able to view either the sire's or the dam's information is because one or both of them may not have been titled and the system wouldn't let the breeder or owner enter the names of the dogs that do not have titles . I do see some dogs don't have titles next to thier names but like I said they won't let me put in our dog because she wasn't titled. So for exp... lets say Shelly became BIS CH RN(wow just to think:lol: wishful thinking ) I then would be able to enter her name and which titles she had won. I would also enter Shelly's dam and sire (now at this point if the dam and sire weren't titled they now would be entered into the system because it's a * field and must be entered in and now that information would stay in the system in case anyone else was to type in their names they would then find them (hope that make sense)). I was just trying to figure out why some of us can get information and other can't . I could be all wrong about this it just a thought. You can tell if the sire or dam is titled by looking on your AKC certificate they sent you it would state CH in front of the name or ROM CC RN after the name. This pedigreeline site is great.....the breeder we got Shelly from gave us a certificate of pedigree going back 4 gen so we didn't have to purchase it from AKC but this site goes back many more gen and even show alot of pictures from her family tree.
 
Thanks for your help Sara (Hunter's Mom) I was finally able to input our puppy info. I was leaving blank spaces. :smile2: The title box was messing me up.
 
Back
Top