Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Anyone use Wellness?? I need to switch!

Discussion in 'Commercial Food' started by Sharon7, Jun 19, 2013.

1. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I used to feed Wellness Super5Mix for a long time and my parent's feed Wellness Core to their sheltie.

My dogs did well on it and my parent's sheltie does too. My dogs and my parent's dog all loved the taste and of the 4 of them, none ever had issues any digestive issues with it.

I switched to Orijen/Acana because I liked the idea that of feeding a high protein, grainless food that is made in Canada.

2. Aynesa

Aynesa Forums Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    Las Vegas
    I use Wellness Super5mix, and fantastic results! Shiney coats, no loose stools, no gas issues... I usually actually ordermine through the Amazon subscribe and save program, which gives me 20% off...

3. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

I'm having the same issue with Indy. I just recently switched over and he toots constantly.

4. sable

sable Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2008
    Use Super 5 here, I like the protein % and the shelties love the food. I haven't had a bit of problems with Wellness.

They are smaller company, they have their own plant north of me. Its not like Diamond Food where they process some of the brands in their plant,
    like TOTW and others.

If you google sometimes you can find coupons. There is a 800# also on the bag, call them and ask for coupons. Tell them you are a new customer, do you have any coupons available?

Petsmart sometimes has Wellness on sale too.

5. Katm

Katm Forums Novice

Jul 18, 2013
    Rochester, NY
    Just switched my dogs and cat to Wellness Core from Blue Buffalo. We used Blue for years and within the last 3 months the cat refused to touch it and the dogs have diarrhea. We'll see if this helps.

6. Laddie's Mom

Laddie's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2013
    N/A
    I have heard of it, but not used it. We always used "Nutro" our dogs love it and it seems to agree with their system.

7. TWAJFK

TWAJFK Forums Novice

May 5, 2013
    Kansas City, Mo.
    Simba my new sheltie boy (6 mos) has been on Wellness Puppy Chicken and Rice Grain Free and is doing well, My 6yr old Papillion and French Bull Dog have been on Wellness Grain Free Chicken and Rice and are thriving..We switched from Blue Buffalo as the dogs began to reject it about 2 years now

8. TWAJFK

TWAJFK Forums Novice

May 5, 2013
    Kansas City, Mo.
    Wellness Puppy Food

OOPS..Should have said Wellness Core Chicken Grain Free Mix..No Rice

9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    The girls are almost a week on Wellness, now. I am using Super Mix Lamb/Barley/Fish and they really like it. Am switching over slowly but there hasn't been any tummy issues, stools are still nice and firm. The kibble is bigger sized than they are used to but I guess that doesn't really matter.

Hopefully will not have to worry about a recall on this food!