arthritis what supplements?

Sumac3890

Forums Sage
Maggie has arthritis in her one from ankle and some days she is slow getting up. I do give her the ultimate VP formula and think she needs a bit more of something. What do others use for arthritis?
 
Maggie has arthritis in her one from ankle and some days she is slow getting up. I do give her the ultimate VP formula and think she needs a bit more of something. What do others use for arthritis?

I used to give my Setter Cosequin and had great luck with this. There are cheaper supplements out there, but I found Cosequin to work the best.

I also use Cosequin on my horse. She showed HUGE improvement after about a month on Cosequin. She used to "crack" in her knees. I always her clicking with her joints and now (four years later) I NEVER hear any cracking.
 
What about Glucosamine? I've heard that it can be very helpful with arthritis, though it takes a month or two to determine if its making a difference or not.
 
What about Glucosamine? I've heard that it can be very helpful with arthritis, though it takes a month or two to determine if its making a difference or not.

Cosequin is a brand name for FCHG49® glucosamine hydrochloride and TRH122® sodium chondroitin sulfate.
 
When our senior shelties had arthritis issues I used something called DogGonePain, which is a natural supplement and you can find either online or in some pet food stores. It really helped my guys. I'm pretty sure you can use it with the VP, but you might want to double check.
 
My forever pup, Timber, was on Glucosamine.

Find out the correct dosage from your vet, then buy it at the health food store. SO much cheaper than buying at the vet.
 
I use a joint supplement that has green lipid muscle as well as the glucosamine/chondroiton/MSM blend. It is a natural anti-inflammatory which the vet ortho specialist advised me to get.
 
My forever pup, Timber, was on Glucosamine.

Find out the correct dosage from your vet, then buy it at the health food store. SO much cheaper than buying at the vet.

Trader Joes sells a Glucosamine/Condroiton supplement for dogs as well and it's always worked well for our dogs.
 
Back
Top