As I was grooming Lady

Grooming

When I got Sting at 4 months old he and his brother Boom both lifted their legs at 4 months old. I had never seen this in a dog so young.
 
When I got Sting at 4 months old he and his brother Boom both lifted their legs at 4 months old. I had never seen this in a dog so young.

Dusty lifted his leg from the time i got him at 8 weeks old! He never squats. When Belle pees she walks :rolleyes2: she will slowly lift one leg then the other, so I have never had an issue with her getting pee on herself.
 
If you neuter early the boys will squat, neutering them later they will lift their leg. Ain't cool when they lift, and take a pee on the skirt of a couch, and I had to have it cleaned from Mr. Lucky. Thank goodness he decided to stop the marking.

Like I said then there is Lady who must like to take a pee on herself. Can't win.

My boys weren't neutered until almost 12 months. And they still squat, although occasionally one of them will left one of their hind legs marginally off the ground.

A couple of days ago, I noticed Indy lifting his front leg to pee! Now what's that about? Silly boy! :rolleyes2:
 
I honestly think they learn a little bit from being around other dogs. Aztec started lifting his leg after he saw dogs at the park do it...bad influences...he still never pees on anything though (trees etc.) just the ground with one leg up slightly.
 
Two of mine aren't altered, one six months and the other eleven months, and they don't lift their leg. Don't know what it is all about because I don't think we have anyone that is highly dominant. And, the six month one was mounting Macy... when she was in heat, not standing... and that was at five months.

I'd suggest the wipe off with the baby wipes would work well... every time she goes potty. The pee is probably irritating her little legs and she is pulling the hair off.
 
I honestly think they learn a little bit from being around other dogs. Aztec started lifting his leg after he saw dogs at the park do it...bad influences...he still never pees on anything though (trees etc.) just the ground with one leg up slightly.

I agree Aztec. All the boy dogs at the oval spend their time marking each others pee and Deska didnt really start marking until he was going to the oval(now he is the piddling king!) But he only lifts his leg when he is marking otherwise when he really needs to piddle he squats, albeit leaning a bit to the side. Plus he only marks things that other dogs have marked (except my backyard where he has marked everything thats a little raised, including overgrown grass and his agility weaves). When we go to the pristine cork plantation he doesnt lift his leg because there is no other dog scent.
 
All the males I ever had around me, and here lifted their leg. The setters were never neutered, might loose their nose, UMMMMM. Lucky was 4, and I had him done when Lady got her spay, just a pet owner, never a breeder.

Never had a pup lift his leg, that is something, smart puppy.
 
Back
Top