Away trial results

You are spot on :) We need to work contacts (eek dogwalk) and distance. Oh and about 100 other things hehe

:lol: Its a constant work in progress, isn't it.

Congrats on the second Q. :)

I looked at this 1st Masters Jumpers run where he turned toward the tunnel. Honestly, I have no idea why he bolted. Your body position looked good. I didn't hear you say anything for a verbal queue. All I can figure is you stepped in to RC him before he was fully committed to the jump and accidentally pushed him toward the tunnel.

I'll have to take a picture of my Levels 3/4/5/C Jumpers run from Saturday. That course and your 2nd Master Jumpers look similar in complexity. The far right corner of the run is where many people had problems. I know I was SO GLAD Edan and I developed better forward and lateral sends because it made handling those nested pinwheels MUCH easier.
 
Trail Results

I think it was nice run and Bentley looks great and he is picking up speed. I think in the beginning where he missed the first jump you were to deep and that is why he missed the jump and further into the course you over ran your FC and you could not get the turn in so he followed you. He is looking real good.
 
First, congrats on Bentley's Advanced Snooker title!!!!

I watched your Jumpers video and thought, "doesn't look so bad". Saw the course map and thought, "jeez, what is up with all those crazy turns?". I can see where I would've done RC's, but overall, I think you handled it well. I wonder why Bentley kept going past the jump (but then again, Koji tends to take a jump if it's near him cuz he loves them, lol. But only that). Koji said Bentley is weird for going around him when he could simply have fun and jump them. :rolleyes2: And go Bentley, he WAS moving. Maybe the speed threw him off. I know it does Koji (not for jumps, but for contacts). Bentley (and you) looked awesome in this run. I hope to get challenging runs like that in Open (for AKC). Can't wait to eat my words.

I loved seeing your leap. And the fist pump. Too funny!!! But then again, I almost didn't finish the course because I was so happy Koji stopped on his contacts (I almost grabbed him, but recalled there was one more hoop). Yay for Bentley's distance work!!!

Sounds like you all have a great weekend!! BTW, did they have a warm-up area? Like the one you're used to? Or just the small area?

How's the truck doing? I'm assuming you guys made it back safely.
 
First, congrats on Bentley's Advanced Snooker title!!!!

I watched your Jumpers video and thought, "doesn't look so bad". Saw the course map and thought, "jeez, what is up with all those crazy turns?". I can see where I would've done RC's, but overall, I think you handled it well. I wonder why Bentley kept going past the jump (but then again, Koji tends to take a jump if it's near him cuz he loves them, lol. But only that). Koji said Bentley is weird for going around him when he could simply have fun and jump them. :rolleyes2: And go Bentley, he WAS moving. Maybe the speed threw him off. I know it does Koji (not for jumps, but for contacts). Bentley (and you) looked awesome in this run. I hope to get challenging runs like that in Open (for AKC). Can't wait to eat my words.

I loved seeing your leap. And the fist pump. Too funny!!! But then again, I almost didn't finish the course because I was so happy Koji stopped on his contacts (I almost grabbed him, but recalled there was one more hoop). Yay for Bentley's distance work!!!

Sounds like you all have a great weekend!! BTW, did they have a warm-up area? Like the one you're used to? Or just the small area?

How's the truck doing? I'm assuming you guys made it back safely.

Lots of questions to answer! In the first jumpers video I did a RC, and I pulled Bentley off of a jump. His timing on RCs just isn't great, especially because the more I slow down to allow him in front of me, the more he slows down. So I handled a little conservatively, and tried to avoid RCs after that. Mistake. :o But I calculated his YPS and he was going like 4.2-4.5 YPS!!!

Yeah--be careful what you wish for (Sheri and Cheryl!) on those twisty turny courses! They are fun, but definitely tough.

They didn't really have a fenced in warm-up area, they had a couple places outside the fields with a jump. They did have a big third ring at the top of a hill. It was just a practice ring for their classes, but we hiked up there a couple times with Lexi and threw the ball for her a few times. I'm not sure if we were supposed to be up there, but oh well!

Jonathan's car is fine....long story short, he replaced the battery, and we made it home. Then we got home and he had to get some hoses replaced ($$$$), of course this is after he just got a new coil and 6 sparkplugs ($$$$).

But, we had such a good time that we're driving up to VA at the end of October for another trial!!

PS: Glad you enjoyed the fist pump. Hilariously embarrassing.
 
LOL I enjoy the twisty turny courses because they challenge my handling; which is the same reason I like TDAA. I can't improve my handling if the skill isn't challenged.
 
Back
Top