Well I went and did it, Actual temp -1 and Dad made me put on my new coat to go outside. I went pee and I dived into a snow drift.turned my coat white and then played. Then I layed down holding my paw up cause it hurt. Dad hobbled out, picked me up and brought me inside to remove the ice between my pads.
Here is a before pic of me and my new coat. Have fun in the snow everyone
Many tail wags..
Teddy
Teddy, you look smashing in your coat! Warm and toasty and ready to play in that snow. We're in the middle of it with tons of rain and 60 mph winds and the dogs are NOT happy. Our power has been off and on all night (thank heaven for our generator!!!) and we have trees down in the yard. Part 2 is coming soon and temps are dropping into the single digits so it will be snow. And ice, yuck. Lots of ice.
Glad to hear you have a generator Ann . I hope your crew doesn't do a Teddy on you. I really think he's a great actor. But He did look pathetic holding up his paw. With wind-chill they say it feels like -26 when he was out for a grand total of 6 minutes . Now that he's warm, he wants to go out again, go figure. Right now we have an actual temp of -3 so we are staying inside
We are on generator as I type this- lots of wind and rain and both dogs upset cause of the generator but also the wind noise..rain doesn't bother them much. BUT little sweet girl did pee on the rug for the first time in over a month so she and her cohort in crime are banned to the back room where the doggy door is. Branches down all over the place but no snow-- the worst is it will freeze solid tomorrow and that will lead to black ice-- an me without ice skates-- well I have them but they have not been used for years..
Here in St. Louis Gavin is enjoying the subzero temps.
his humans, however, are not. inside of windows are iced up, door locks frozen shut, pipes left on to drip overnight so they don't freeze.
And taking him out is not fun He does slip a bit more on the snow and icy ground.
5 degrees so SUPER cold for here. I was going to let Spitfire in while I was at work. Warmer and he behaves. Opened to door and he stood there looking at me. No interest he is out sunning in the cold.
Yikes everyone, it sounds brutal. Hopefully will move out quick. Be so careful everyone with the ice! I remember Lisa hurt her arm that way last winter!!
Hello Guest,
Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.