Bailey Weaves 12 Poles

Congrats on getting those 12 poles in. Bailey looks great!!! And just keep working her from both sides, all positions, etc. She'll get it. We all started out like this, didn't we? Where they'll only do it one way, and one way only. Sigh.


Bentley, for instance, couldn't find a thrown treat if it hit him in the head! :lol:

Ohmigod Ashley, that's too funny. That's so Miko. Boink off the head, then, "where'd it go". He'd spend WAY too much time looking for it, that he probably forgets what he got treated for in the first place. lol.
 
Great job! What method did you use?

I bought a cheap weave-o-matic set from ebay. I trained a few times a week for 5-10 minutes each day. As she was grasping the concept, I gradually closed the poles. Once, she was 95% accurate with the 6 closed poles, I added another 6 closed pole set in class. (I don't have room for 12 poles in my house). We had a 4 foot gap between the two sets. After each run, we'd move the sets closer together until it was a full 12 pole set.


Bailey did great, Randi! She looks like she really enjoys the weave polls. Agility seems to be her thing.

Thanks Danielle. She does love those weaves. Yesterday, was my third day training with a full 12 pole set and she didn't pop out during a sequence. She's gaining speed too.
 
Back
Top