Bailey's Weight

This is fabulous! So glad to hear the news! :winkgrin:

As for treats, maybe chicken would work since that was part of her bland, tummy-friendly diet? It sounds like it's best to stay with just the i/d kibble for now, but maybe you can transition the treats if this keeps up and your vet says it's okay. Buffy loooves chicken and will do anything for it.

I don't think you need to worry about this being a "lower quality" kibble.... you'll transition her away from it soon enough, and the most important thing is getting some nutrition in her for now. Plenty of dogs are on that level food all their lives and are just fine.
 
I used i/d kibble for treats all weekend and it worked out great. She still had normal stool.

She still seems a little hungry eating one can a day, so we're increasing her to one and a half cans a day of i/d.

Her UTI was pretty bad this weekend. She was urinating every half hour. I couldn't go anywhere because I didn't want her to pee in her crate and then lay in it.

She had a lot of accidents in the house, so we have to house break her again.

I spoke to the vet today, she's prescribing an antibiotic for her UTI. Hopefully this one works. My father is picking it up soon.
 
It sounds like you're on the right track! I am so glad to hear your vet is giving you an antibiotic for the UTI. In my experience, they never cure themselves and that is one thing you can't lick with natural remedies. I hope she'll be on it for long enough to be effective. In any event, it will give both you and Bailey some relief, and you probably won't need to do nearly as much housebreaking as you think!

Sending continued good thoughts for you and Bailey. You've had a tough time...hope it keeps improving! :yes:
 
Bailey's stool has still been great. yayyyyy!

Her UTI on the other hand seems like it's getting worse. She's been on Clavamox since Monday and she's peeing so much. She's even waking me up in the middle of the night to pee. She used to sleep through the night.

I called up the vet. I told them they have to do something else. I can't leave her in the crate for more than 30 mins or she'll pee in it. I can't go anywhere because I don't want her to lay in her own urine They said they can't do a urine culture since she's currently on antibiotics. They're giving me another antibiotic. I really hope this one works. It's getting so bad. I have to wash her bedding every day. It's really stressing on me and family and I can't even imagine how poor bailey feels.

I really hope this awful infection and antibiotics don't cause further complications for her :(
 
I am so sorry to hear that Bailey isn't improving with the UTI! How worried you must be. I've never heard of this...usually the antibiotics will knock it out very quickly. I wonder if she's developed resistance to them. What does your vet suggest if the condition doesn't improve and the antibiotics don't work? I know you mentioned spaying her, but I can't recall if she's too young. Is there any further testing they can do?

I sure hope you see some improvement soon. I can imagine your frustration. Glad to hear at least one end is working though!
 
. What does your vet suggest if the condition doesn't improve and the antibiotics don't work? I know you mentioned spaying her, but I can't recall if she's too young. Is there any further testing they can do?

I have no idea. I didn't speak to the vet. She was doing surgeries. I'll try this antibiotic. It's called simplicef. If that doesn't work then we'll take it from there. Maybe they'll do xrays? See what's going on.
 
I hope this one will work! Come on, Bailey!

I am so glad her stool is clearing up, though. That's a relief...
 
So I think the time has come for me to start slowly transitioning her back to kibble. The metropozle and canned science diet i/d has worked great on her stomach. On Saturday, her puppy class trainer accidentally gave her a liver treat and yesterday she ate a milk bone at the dog park. So far she hasn't had any lose stool from this. Therefore, I think she's ready for kibble. I just purchased california natural puppy chow. How much should I start giving her? She eats 3 times a day, so I was thinking 3-5 pieces of kibble for every meal to start with.

I don't know what's going on with her UTI. Sometimes, she seems like she can hold it and other times she's peeing a lot. I noticed the science diet I/D's first ingredient is water, so maybe this is making her pee a lot? I guess I'll find out when she stops eating it.

I also want to get her back on vibrant pets. I don't want to introduce the kibble and vibrant pets at the same. Because if she does get loose stool, I won't be able to tell which is causing it. I'm going to hold off on vibrant pets for another 2 weeks. I think it's more important to get her back on kibble. What do you all think?
 
Back
Top