Bailey's Weight

At 20weeks Tully was 11.8" and 9.2lb. She is petite, short body, fine limbs and just over 13"

Her weight has always been good for her size so perhaps Bailey could afford to put on a couple more pounds. From this age onwards Tully's height growth slowed but she got that gangly long legged look. By 12mths she was 12.8" and 12lb. She had another little growth spurt after this and at 2.5yrs is 13.1" and 14lb
 
I do think Bailey could use a pound or two. She's thin, but not feel her ribs thin.

I'm just waiting for her test results today. I have a gut feeling that the cause of her diarrhea is her new wetnose's cheddar flavored treats. Anyone's dogs allergic to cheese?

I will take no chances. No more of those treats and I'm switching her wellness food to either innova or orijen. Any recommendations? I read that orijen has very high protein and that's not great for puppies. is that true?
 
Pumpkin!

I'd try mixing a spoonful of plain canned pumpkin in with her food each feeding until she firms up. This has worked really well for me and won't hurt your pup. You may have some trouble finding canned pumpkin in stores (seems to be a pumpkin shortage this year), but if you can, it really does help.

I also found Wellness tended to produce looser stools. And I'd steer away from the really high protein foods. I've had very good luck with the Innova line. Eagle Pack Holistic is another good one.

I don't think cheddar "flavored" treats would do it, unless there's real cheese in them. You never know though! Keep us posted....
 
I don't think cheddar "flavored" treats would do it, unless there's real cheese in them. You never know though! Keep us posted....

There is real cheese in it. These are the ingredients:
Organic rye four, organic oat flour, cheddar cheese, organic whole eggs, organic olive oil, unsulphered molasses, dill, garlic.
 
I will take no chances. No more of those treats and I'm switching her wellness food to either innova or orijen. Any recommendations? I read that orijen has very high protein and that's not great for puppies. is that true?

I've never heard that, but I would use the puppy version of either food. Horizon Legacy and Now! are also great products.

Here is another great link with a "fairly" unbiased view of dog foods

http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=main
 
Just called the vet. Bailey's fecal test came back negative. That's bittersweet. I'm glad she doesn't have worms, but I'd like to find out why she's having watery diarrhea. So now it's time to gradually mix in some new food with the chicken and rice. I just picked up some Innova puppy kibble. Hopefully, this works.
 
Just called the vet. Bailey's fecal test came back negative. That's bittersweet. I'm glad she doesn't have worms, but I'd like to find out why she's having watery diarrhea. So now it's time to gradually mix in some new food with the chicken and rice. I just picked up some Innova puppy kibble. Hopefully, this works.

Gradual for sure. I would spread it out over at least a 2-3 week period if you can. Some would say 1 week would be enough, but given her history, I would stretch it out.l
 
I mixed about 8-10 pieces of new innova kibble with chicken and rice yesterday. No BM's yesterday, so I mixed a little more in today and she had a normal BM this morning! yay!!! The end was a little orange, but her UTI antibiotics are orange, so that could be the reason.
 
Back
Top