labgirl
Forums Sage
On Saturday we had an independent competition at Beachside. I had been asked to be a ring manager for the morning, basically keeping my ring running, making sure dogs were at the line, paperwork was correct and that messages about classes walking and closing were sent to the PA. I was a bit nervous about the responsibility! But it went very well.
Merlin had a fab day, 4 runs with no eliminations! We had a couple of 5 faults, but we were placed in all but one class.
Saturday - Merlin
Elementary Agility (5 faults, 3RD)
I liked this course, but it was a little tricky and few went clear. Merlin pinged his contact and paused to look at me in the weaves, but otherwise it was lovely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbEeFZieP24
Elementary Jumping (3RD)
A course with lots of pull-offs! They have been my nemesis lately, so I really worked them and we went clear!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_kSpzn-O_s
Elementary Triple A (4TH)
Lovely fast run, wide on the wing wrap which cost us time, we were only 0.1 secs off second place!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Va-ucEVBuQ
Elementary Helter Skelter (5 faults, 3RD)
I didn't collect Merlin properly after the tunnel and he skimmed a jump earning us faults. Our trainer was the judge, so I was very glad he didn't go off to see her for a treat mid-run!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1taTXVADMPY
Sunday - Merlin
Jumping Combined 1-3
Nice course under my favourite judge, Richard Brain. I didn't get to the weaves in time and Merlin spun around to see me, we collected 5 faults and were not placed, but the boy flew!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGdEzzsdpJ0
Jumping Combined 1-3
The same course but backwards! Typical Richard Brain
Merlin popped out of the weaves early - twice!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_8XvcN9WtI
Saturday - Sparrow
Elementary Jumping (E)
Sparrow still loses her head at comps, bless her! She is a fun little thing, but doesn't always go in the right direction!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvooQ2Zxyyg
Merlin had a fab day, 4 runs with no eliminations! We had a couple of 5 faults, but we were placed in all but one class.
Saturday - Merlin
Elementary Agility (5 faults, 3RD)
I liked this course, but it was a little tricky and few went clear. Merlin pinged his contact and paused to look at me in the weaves, but otherwise it was lovely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbEeFZieP24
Elementary Jumping (3RD)
A course with lots of pull-offs! They have been my nemesis lately, so I really worked them and we went clear!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_kSpzn-O_s
Elementary Triple A (4TH)
Lovely fast run, wide on the wing wrap which cost us time, we were only 0.1 secs off second place!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Va-ucEVBuQ
Elementary Helter Skelter (5 faults, 3RD)
I didn't collect Merlin properly after the tunnel and he skimmed a jump earning us faults. Our trainer was the judge, so I was very glad he didn't go off to see her for a treat mid-run!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1taTXVADMPY
Sunday - Merlin
Jumping Combined 1-3
Nice course under my favourite judge, Richard Brain. I didn't get to the weaves in time and Merlin spun around to see me, we collected 5 faults and were not placed, but the boy flew!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGdEzzsdpJ0
Jumping Combined 1-3
The same course but backwards! Typical Richard Brain
Merlin popped out of the weaves early - twice!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_8XvcN9WtI
Saturday - Sparrow
Elementary Jumping (E)
Sparrow still loses her head at comps, bless her! She is a fun little thing, but doesn't always go in the right direction!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvooQ2Zxyyg

