Being supportive...but!

It's a really fine line isn't it. They want people,especially animal lovers like us to realize how horribly these poor, helpless animals are being treated, but since we are animal lovers the pictures are too much for us to see.
I'll never forget the images posted on a Sheltie rescue website that was trying to explain debarking is not cruel. It's what had happened to the dogs who's owner's couldn't take the barking that was cruel. I won't even say what was done to the 3 dogs who's stories and pics were posted but it still get's me sick to this day.
Maybe writing some letters and getting a discussion going with some of them would help.
 
It's a really fine line isn't it. They want people,especially animal lovers like us to realize how horribly these poor, helpless animals are being treated, but since we are animal lovers the pictures are too much for us to see.
I'll never forget the images posted on a Sheltie rescue website that was trying to explain debarking is not cruel. It's what had happened to the dogs who's owner's couldn't take the barking that was cruel. I won't even say what was done to the 3 dogs who's stories and pics were posted but it still get's me sick to this day.
Maybe writing some letters and getting a discussion going with some of them would help.


It really is an incredible fine line that rescuers have to cross. The incredible shock and horror of what has happened to steer you to help OR steer you away :(.

I thank God everyday for people who can get in the sewer with the evils of society to save animals, they deserve mansions in Heaven :sadsmile:.
 
I think a warning is a good idea! This gives people a choice - they can determine whether or not they want to see the pictures.

With people who are indifferent to the plight of animals, I always encourage them to just SEE what is happening around them. The (often gross) pictures are a real eye opener for them. But for animal lovers, just the thought of a poor dog hurt is enough to get us praying for its speedy recovery.

I personally look at everything. I realised recently that despite all that I have seen, there is still alot more out there I haven't. Which is incredibly depressing. :no:
 
Animal rescue groups (and the animal rights groups that imitate them [HSUS]) use emotion to get your money. What's the best way to get you all emotional? Show you pictures of severely abused animals.

The whole business is built around emotion and guilt.

With all that said, I have totally unfriended people on FB for continuously posting those types of pictures.
 
Last edited:
Animal rescue groups (and the animal rights groups that imitate them [HSUS]) use emotion to get your money. What's the best way to get you all emotional? Show you pictures of severely abused animals.

The whole business is built around emotion and guilt.

With all that said, I have totally unfriended people on FB for continuously posting those types of pictures.


Ha ha, Rachael I can always count on you to have a strong opinion, huh!!? :wink2:
 
Back
Top