Fasb's Owner
Forums Enthusiast
As I've mentioned elsewhere, Fasb doesn't seem to be responding as well to Cosequin DS this winter as he has in the past. When he first started taking Cosequin approx. 20 months ago, there was a rapid, dramatic improvement. I've read the literature that suggests there's no real value to glucosamine supplements, but Fasb did very well on Cosequin for almost a year and a half.
There were some signs earlier in the fall that maybe the Cosequin wasn't working as well as it had previously. Fasb really seemed achy and stiff when the weather started turning colder in November, to the point our vet put him on a NSAID "as needed" a few weeks ago.
The wife and I still think there's benefit to a glucosamine supplement, so we've decided to change supps. From reading old threads, I know some other members of the board have to rotate supplements as the dog seems to build up a resistance after awhile. I don't think a supplement will replace a NSAID at this point, but, if we can get some mileage out of a supplement, Fasb hopefully won't require the anti-inflammatory as often, at least for the time being. Basically, I'm hoping we can find something that works well enough to delay things getting to the point where Fasb will need an NSAID every day.
Anything, thinking of giving Vibrant Pets a try. Before I order, does anyone else have any other suggestions? Not really sure what might work well enough for him. What other brands should I be researching?
Thanks.
There were some signs earlier in the fall that maybe the Cosequin wasn't working as well as it had previously. Fasb really seemed achy and stiff when the weather started turning colder in November, to the point our vet put him on a NSAID "as needed" a few weeks ago.
The wife and I still think there's benefit to a glucosamine supplement, so we've decided to change supps. From reading old threads, I know some other members of the board have to rotate supplements as the dog seems to build up a resistance after awhile. I don't think a supplement will replace a NSAID at this point, but, if we can get some mileage out of a supplement, Fasb hopefully won't require the anti-inflammatory as often, at least for the time being. Basically, I'm hoping we can find something that works well enough to delay things getting to the point where Fasb will need an NSAID every day.
Anything, thinking of giving Vibrant Pets a try. Before I order, does anyone else have any other suggestions? Not really sure what might work well enough for him. What other brands should I be researching?
Thanks.