Beware the Staffies (owner)

labgirl

Forums Sage
I try not to judge a dog by its breed, but by its owner - if that makes sense.

Recently I noticed a young man walking with my neighbour's daughter with two staffies, one was always off-lead and running far ahead even near busy roads, the other was kept on a lead. That told me something to begin with.

The other day I saw him with the dogs in the park where I go and where sheltie pup will go. I wondered at the time what his dogs were like with other dogs. I could see the loose one was not under a great deal of control, that concerned me, but it looked fairly friendly.

Today I have learnt something that means I will definitely be avoiding him, but not because of his dogs.

Apparently he was dating my neighbour's daughter. She moved in with him. She witnessed him beating to death one of his dogs.:no:

AND

He is on the Sex Offenders register!:eek2:

The neighbour's daughter is now pregnant and has moved home. He is harrassing them, so I've seen him around quite a bit walking the roads with the black dog loose. Apparently the chestnut dog is aggressive and worth avoiding.

The police have been around to warn him off and social services have told the girl if she gets back with him they will take the baby.

What drama!

Hopefully by the time sheltie pup arrives this will have blown over, but if not I'm going to be careful going to the park. Not so much because I don't want to meet the dogs but I don't want to meet HIM!

Why do people get in with these blokes? She knew all about him before they got together!
 
Was the fact that he beat a dog to death ever reported? He shouldn't be allowed to own any animal. If it wasn't reported I would make an anonymous complaint naming the witness to this so they can go talk to her and prosecute.
 
I'm not sure if it was reported. The daughter is cagey on the matter, she doesn't want to get this bloke into trouble. If I thought it would do any good I would report it, but if she won't say anything then it is just hearsay. If I ever saw him doing anything to the dogs I would report him, but I have never seen anything like that - other than letting his dog run loose up the road near traffic.
 
I really do hope he is gone by the time you get your pup. I wouldnt trust being around his dogs either - it just isnt worth the risk.
 
Just be careful and try and be super aware of your surroundings,who and what is around you. Also if he's abusing the dogs he currently has, which is most likely you never know when they can just suddenly become aggressive.

Stay Safe
Dawn,Chandler and Gypsy
 
I might change walking routes as he is currently using the same paths, I know what he is up to, trying to bump into this girl. Technically he shouldn't be there because there is an harrassment order against him.

My neighbour asked if we see him to just write down the time, date and location and report it to the police officer working on the case so they know what he is up to.

I think I'll perhaps stick with the beach or the sheep field for a while.
 
Back
Top