blindness, high blood press., kidney disease

Love My Noles

Forums Novice
Hi, this is my first post. My sheltie Tipper is 11 yrs. old. March 3rd this year our vet had us take him to University of Tenn. vet college because of his eyes. Looked like cataracts. We took him, they did eye exam & he has detached retinas. He's blind but has been adjusting well. (It's me that is having the hard time!:lol:) They also checked his bp & it was 190. They put him on a pill & did bloodwork, urine, etc., etc. Bloodwork shows his blood protein going through his kidneys. They said he has kidney disease but don't know what kind. We've taken once a month since then. His bp was up higher the 2nd time at 210. they increased the med., we went back April, it was down to 145 which was great. Just took him the end of May, back up to 210. They doubled the pill did more blood work & his blood protein is still going thru his kidneys. We've changed his diet, etc. Now they want us to come back for him to see an internal vet. It is really getting expensive & we just can't do that anymore. Has anyone else had this type of problem? It's really starting to upset me because I've had him since he was 7 weeks old. I love him so much but I don't want him to suffer. He seems to be doing fine tho. Til today. His eyes are runny, green goop in the corners, I've been keeping them clean. He just isn't hisself at all today. :confused2: All remarks are appreciated.
 
Sumac3890

Thanks Susan. I greatly appreciate your concern. It's hard having such a loyal friend and seeing them deteriorate. I hope everything is going well for you and your loving companions.

Kathy
 
Back
Top