Blowing, and I mean BLOWING coat

For your furnace vents, you can buy vent filters, which keep the fur from getting to the furnace, or use a dryer sheet in the register.

What a great idea! Bet it would make the house smell nice too! I don't get alot of blown coats with my boys yet, but there are always stray hairs, of course.
 
Dryer sheets are cheap and you can change them as they get dirty. It saves having to vacuum out the pipes and vents every month in the winter time to clear out the fur.
 
Dryer sheets are cheap and you can change them as they get dirty. It saves having to vacuum out the pipes and vents every month in the winter time to clear out the fur.

That is a great idea! We will be watching a show, and my DH will ask me is it hot in here (during the summer of course)? Well yessss, when each one takes a vent, and cover the whole thing, they get all the AC, we don't.

The hair floats right down into the vents. Thanks!
 
Zak is had his big blow and I am waiting for his coat to come back and he looks so scrawny. I brushed him for days and got tons of coat. Maggie has been blowing coat for weeks and still looks clumpy. I can't wait to them both to be done.
 
Zak is had his big blow and I am waiting for his coat to come back and he looks so scrawny. I brushed him for days and got tons of coat. Maggie has been blowing coat for weeks and still looks clumpy. I can't wait to them both to be done.

I love that....."Maggie still looks clumpy." That's how I would describe Meggie too. But I think we're coming to an end, finally. She's down right scrawny looking at this point. She doesn't even have a big butt anymore! I guess she actually never did. haha!

I wish I could blow my coat and realize I don't really have a big butt!
 
Thanks for all your posts. Tara has blown her coat and looks real scrawny - I was beginning to get a bit concerned. Hopefully she will come back in time for Christmas!
 
We had to have somebody come fix our heater a few weeks ago (best to do it before it gets extra cold!). It was shooting fire out of the heater when you turned it on! :eek2:

We have central heat but we have wall units for air conditioners. I'm (hopefully!) done using my air conditioner for the year. The air conditioner is located near Smudge's crate. His crate is covered by an extra thick quilt though. I wonder if fur can get into a wall unit?!

You bet it can.We have a window unit on the sunporch.In summer months,its comfortable out there for the boys.But it has to have the front filter,and the grills cleaned out often.The hair really gets in that filter.And if its not cleaned often,it will damage the unit.

Even here in the house,the intake vent,which is quite large,gets a new filter more often than every 30 days.The front will collect hair,and I also noticed at the bottom,near the floor it collects hair.

In our case,the AC intake register,does not sit flush,it is made of metal.I'm assuming its becuase it is old.(the house is 40yrs old) and is the original register cover.

I so like the idea of dryer sheets,I bet it helps alot,and will keep that in mind for next summer.Our AC unit is not a combo heat/AC pack.It is only AC.Unlike many homes here in south,where it is a combo unit.

We heat with wood~
 
Back
Top