Blowing coat?!?

We actually used to shave my sheltie angle Brandie in the summer. I wasn't big into researching back then and thought that she would feel a lot cooler without all that fur. The groomer said she had the thickest coat she's ever seen on a sheltie. Little did I know that their coat actually keeps them cool in the summer. She looked really funny shaved. I'll see if I can scan a photo tonight.

Oh NO!! Poor baby.. I threatened to get a crested one time for Dawn and she locked me out of the house.

Did Brandie even speak to you afterwards?
 
So the powder is good for the coat? I guess after googling "chalk for shelties" I came away from reading that,it is used alot in show dogs,for volume to the coat,and to really make them look huge in coat.so it does'nt really have any use other than in show dogs?

I like to have our two smelling clean & fresh also,so I was just wondering.I had read some time ago,the tip of using baby powder around the ears,as many have the fine hair that seems to get matted,or not fluffy,and difficult to comb out.

Very cool tip,thank you!
I think the chalk is usually washed out of the coat after showing.

The baby powder is really no different than putting it on yourself, just don't get carried away with it. When it was hot this past summer, Phebe seemed to really like the powder for it's cooling effect.

This is the spray that I use for brushing. It also works really well for removing those stubborn behind the ear knots.

Mane 'N Tail Herbal Spray Therapy
 
I think the chalk is usually washed out of the coat after showing.

The baby powder is really no different than putting it on yourself, just don't get carried away with it. When it was hot this past summer, Phebe seemed to really like the powder for it's cooling effect.

This is the spray that I use for brushing. It also works really well for removing those stubborn behind the ear knots.

Mane 'N Tail Herbal Spray Therapy



Gee, all the fun stuff I get to look forward to when grooming Megan! I may just cheat and have it done:uhoh:
 
Oh NO!! Poor baby.. I threatened to get a crested one time for Dawn and she locked me out of the house.

Did Brandie even speak to you afterwards?

Lol yes she still spoke to me...at least I think she did
 

Attachments

  • Brandie Shaved 1.jpg
    Brandie Shaved 1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Brandie Shaved 2.jpg
    Brandie Shaved 2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 16
Gee, all the fun stuff I get to look forward to when grooming Megan! I may just cheat and have it done:uhoh:

Cheat for baths, certainly, but don't cheat on brushing and nail trimming. Ideally they should be done weekly or bi-weekly with quick touch-ups in between, else our little furballs become sorta ratty looking! :smile2:
 
Cheat for baths, certainly, but don't cheat on brushing and nail trimming. Ideally they should be done weekly or bi-weekly with quick touch-ups in between, else our little furballs become sorta ratty looking! :smile2:



Yeppers, as of now Megan gets brushed daily, nail trimming needs to be done more than we have, that's tonights project actually, fun stuff!:dead:
 
Back
Top