Blue Buffalo

Ok, now I'm worried I'm feeding mine to much :lol: Here's what I'm doing:

I feed both my dogs Orijen Puppy

Claussen:6 months old, 19lbs, 15.75" gets 1/2 a cup, twice a day-1 cup total with extra bits of his kibble as a training tool.

Little Bear: 4 months old, 10.5lbs, 11.6" gets 1/4 cup, 3 times a day for a 3/4 cup total. I usually make him work for his lunch, by training him with a 1/4 cup's worth of "treats". I think I may be feeding him too much. But 1/4 cup is barely like 30 pieces of kibble! He's very thin and lanky right now, so I don't think I'm overfeeding.

Input?

I wouldn't worry about growing puppies. They usually eat more than adult dogs. As long as the puppy isn't overweight and has normal stool, let them eat. That's how I how look at it.
 
Yes Karen, I DEFINITELY plan on cutting that ration in half!!! And Thanks for the info on the biscuits, I'll switch that too!! I have also learned I'm feeding too much from this forum by comparing what everyone else is feeding. 1/4 c. for my smaller shelties just doesn't seem like very much.....
I know, it seems like very little. People I know who have dogs feed them much more- but then most people where I live feed crappy dog chow stuff.
 
Last edited:
Ok, now I'm worried I'm feeding mine to much :lol: Here's what I'm doing:

I feed both my dogs Orijen Puppy

Claussen:6 months old, 19lbs, 15.75" gets 1/2 a cup, twice a day-1 cup total with extra bits of his kibble as a training tool.

Little Bear: 4 months old, 10.5lbs, 11.6" gets 1/4 cup, 3 times a day for a 3/4 cup total. I usually make him work for his lunch, by training him with a 1/4 cup's worth of "treats". I think I may be feeding him too much. But 1/4 cup is barely like 30 pieces of kibble! He's very thin and lanky right now, so I don't think I'm overfeeding.

Input?

I don't think this is crazy. Just watch their weight when they start getting to about 10 months or so. Soon you'll want to get off Puppy food. For my boys I went straight from puppy food to Adult Maintenance at about 13 months, I think. They are not gaining, but neither are they losing....I really must decrease their intact some more.
 
Back
Top