Breed reccomendations for a friend

Further what they might accept from their family is often not acceptable from any one else. I know my german shepherds were good dogs never bit or snapped at us. However there were a few times that children would be over get to rough housing with us and I would have to firmly send them from the room. They didn't like people playing rough with us. Just a thought or two from the peanut gallery.
 
I agree I never let my kids wrestle with my dogs. My dad has great danes and he wrestles with them, and while the dogs love it, they don't understand that they cant play like that with my sisters 4 year old.
 
Cheryl I laughed out laugh about the Malamute. Rachel has/had them before she got shelties. Independent does describe them. They need a firm hand and direction and then still do as they please. Rachels malamute Jewel was high in trial in obedience the nationals in 2001. Kiva is in excellent agility now. So I have seen them work not an easy breed to break into the performance sports.

Are they really? I didn't think they were like the Husky's in that area. Oh well, nevermind.
 
Back
Top