broken hairs around the neck

I agree with this. I would never recommend using a choke collar when the dog is not being supervised.



I can completely agree and atest to NOT using a choke collar when not supervised. We almost lost our Golden when he twisted up in a swing set, but thank GOD our neighbor walked by just in time to tell us he was choking. :eek2:.
 
I actually don't put collars on my guys for this purpose. But, I have heard as someone said... that rolled collars are good for use on dogs with long coats.
 
I actually don't put collars on my guys for this purpose. But, I have heard as someone said... that rolled collars are good for use on dogs with long coats.

I don't leave collars on in the house either but if you do rolled leather works great with long hair. Less matting and hair damage.:smile2:
 
Definitely support rolled collars! I guess its time for me to promote my favourite collars. It's been a couple of months, at least, since I did it last? :rolleyes2:

http://www.leashesbydesign.com/Collars/Martingales/martingales.html

My collars are like pictures 16 and 18 (in fact, I think those are my actual collars!) They are very fine, and so is the chain - 1/4". The collar hangs loose on their neck when not attached to a leash (no rubbing), and when measured correctly, tightens just enough when attached to a leash to avoid head slippage, without choking.

As these are non-adjustable, you want to wait until pup is just about full size before you order.

I keep collars on my dogs all the time. I need something to grab in case they decide to do a Houdini when I open the front door. I've just ordered tags (the celtic design I was looking at on another thread) and that will just increase my comfort level further!
 
Definitely support rolled collars! I guess its time for me to promote my favourite collars. It's been a couple of months, at least, since I did it last? :rolleyes2:

http://www.leashesbydesign.com/Collars/Martingales/martingales.html

My collars are like pictures 16 and 18 (in fact, I think those are my actual collars!) They are very fine, and so is the chain - 1/4". The collar hangs loose on their neck when not attached to a leash (no rubbing), and when measured correctly, tightens just enough when attached to a leash to avoid head slippage, without choking.

As these are non-adjustable, you want to wait until pup is just about full size before you order.

I keep collars on my dogs all the time. I need something to grab in case they decide to do a Houdini when I open the front door. I've just ordered tags (the celtic design I was looking at on another thread) and that will just increase my comfort level further!



I love these collars, when Megan is full grown I will definately look into them!:wink2:
 
Definitely support rolled collars! I guess its time for me to promote my favourite collars. It's been a couple of months, at least, since I did it last? :rolleyes2:

http://www.leashesbydesign.com/Collars/Martingales/martingales.html

My collars are like pictures 16 and 18 (in fact, I think those are my actual collars!) They are very fine, and so is the chain - 1/4". The collar hangs loose on their neck when not attached to a leash (no rubbing), and when measured correctly, tightens just enough when attached to a leash to avoid head slippage, without choking.

As these are non-adjustable, you want to wait until pup is just about full size before you order.

I keep collars on my dogs all the time. I need something to grab in case they decide to do a Houdini when I open the front door. I've just ordered tags (the celtic design I was looking at on another thread) and that will just increase my comfort level further!

we're on page 2 of the testimonials:
http://www.leashesbydesign.com/Testimonials1/Testimonials2/Testimonials2.html

you'll know which is ours- Callie's pic is featured next to her set :winkgrin:
 
Definitely support rolled collars! I guess its time for me to promote my favourite collars. It's been a couple of months, at least, since I did it last? :rolleyes2:

http://www.leashesbydesign.com/Collars/Martingales/martingales.html

My collars are like pictures 16 and 18 (in fact, I think those are my actual collars!) They are very fine, and so is the chain - 1/4". The collar hangs loose on their neck when not attached to a leash (no rubbing), and when measured correctly, tightens just enough when attached to a leash to avoid head slippage, without choking.

As these are non-adjustable, you want to wait until pup is just about full size before you order.

I keep collars on my dogs all the time. I need something to grab in case they decide to do a Houdini when I open the front door. I've just ordered tags (the celtic design I was looking at on another thread) and that will just increase my comfort level further!


Wow those are nice collars. :smile2: I've seen you talk about them but never looked. I have a red,white and blue kangaroo leash for Justice and a torquoise,pink and black one for Ember. Nice matching collars would be so cool since martigales collars are allowed in the obedience ring..:smile2:
 
Three of ours have kangaroo sets from Leashes by Design. Beckon will get his when he's a year old (wonder if they make 'em that big :rolleyes2:). We LOVW them -- no breakage, no catching hairs -- just lovely!
 
Three of ours have kangaroo sets from Leashes by Design. Beckon will get his when he's a year old (wonder if they make 'em that big :rolleyes2:). We LOVW them -- no breakage, no catching hairs -- just lovely!

They'll make whatever size you ask for- any color combo/style too. Cranberry will have to wait a while for his. I do already have some ideas though :wink2:
 
Back
Top