Burwick has a limp

A Monday morning update:
1. After a few days of no physical activity [and him wondering why] Burwick is not limping quite as bad.
2. I finally found something! It is his left leg he is favoring and this morning I found a lump! It is just to the outside of the left knee. Hard to notice under the fur and I guess I missed it before. It is a puffed out area that is not on the right leg. When I poke it it doesn't seem to bother him.
Any thoughts as to what this is?
 
A Monday morning update:
1. After a few days of no physical activity [and him wondering why] Burwick is not limping quite as bad.
2. I finally found something! It is his left leg he is favoring and this morning I found a lump! It is just to the outside of the left knee. Hard to notice under the fur and I guess I missed it before. It is a puffed out area that is not on the right leg. When I poke it it doesn't seem to bother him.
Any thoughts as to what this is?

No, but I'd head straight to the vet. :yes:
 
I tend to agree with Chris.

Is it a hard, bony kind of lump or soft and squishy? If it is soft, I would be worried about it abcessing. If hard, then I would be worried about some kind of protrusion. It could disappear on its own, but I wouldn't take the chance.
 
Headed for the vet today and I pointed out the widening at the left front knee. My vet is sure it is an inflamed condition in this busy area of the leg. A lot of ligaments and bones meet there. He thinks it is from an injury. He prescribed an anti-inflammatory drug at. He thinks the limp should go away in about a week and the swelling in about 2. So we are hoping for the best.

Just for comparison, since I feel we pay through the nose for everything on an island on the east coast of Canada.........
.... The drug is produced by Boehringer Ingelheim and is called Metacam. 32 ml = $49.75 Canadian [about $40 US]
Can anyone make a comparison to cost in your area?
 
The drug is produced by Boehringer Ingelheim and is called Metacam. 32 ml = $49.75 Canadian [about $40 US said:
Can anyone make a comparison to cost in your area?

I hope you see improvement in Burwick's leg soon. I know you can order Metacam with a Vet's prescription on-line through the Drs. Foster and Smith web site, but I don't know how much the shipping cost might be.:confused2:
 
I hope you see improvement in Burwick's leg soon. I know you can order Metacam with a Vet's prescription on-line through the Drs. Foster and Smith web site, but I don't know how much the shipping cost might be.:confused2:

Thanks for the option. I checked it out. No real savings. $35 US plus shipping. guess we all gotta pay but................it's worth it.
 
You might want to checkout this site EntirelyPet.com the price is $25.90 for 32ml free shipping if you order over $100 worth of stuff. I'm not sure what the shipping is to Canada.
 
My boy hurt his leg by acting like a wildman going out the door. I have (I am going to screw up the spelling more then likely) Rymidle. That is what the vet gave him for the med. I wanted to set my mind at ease for the way his leg was acting.

I only give that med to him when he needs it, not everyday, because I heard it causes liver disease after a prolong use of it. Its always a problem, good for one thing, bad for another.
 
Back
Top