Car Seat Covers

k9kreationz

Forums Celebrity
Since I have a small car now, I was thinking about letting Koji loose in the backseat when I drive to agility practice (or do the seatbelt thing), versus having him in his crate in my hatch area, which is tiny.

Petedge has these.

My concern was the fabric. One of them is a fleece and I'm thinking, would Koji get hot? What about microfiber? How much fur will really stick?

Also, do any of you have the kind that make a U shape? So that the dogs can't go down to where the foot area of the car. How do you like it? Do your dogs feel safer? Any issues?

If you have one, what kind do you have? What kind of fabric? Do the dogs seem to care what the fabric is (do they get hot, slip around, etc)?

Thanks for any reviews. I don't like driving w/o Koji in the crate, but well, this may just be easier for once a week training, now that I have a smaller car and no longer have my SUV.
 
I considered getting something like that for our two and decided against it...here's why: I couldn't reach them.

I know that sounds weird, but Bentley has gotten stuck in his seatbelt several times. I had to pull over (or wait until I got to a red light and reach back and fix it). He also goes crazy barking and lunging at things outside the window, so my husband and I try to work/train with him while he's in the car. It involves a lot of the passenger person turning around, getting Bentley's attention, not allowing him to react and feeding for good behavior. With the hammock, we couldn't reach him well enough.
 
I just have a little fleece blanket from petsmart. I tuck it into the seat. Bailey is restrained with a seatbelt harness. I would not leave Koji loose in the back. At least get him a seatbelt harness, so if you stop short, he won't go flying or God forbid get in an accident, he won't run out of the car.

If you have leather, I would def get a cover. My leather gets very hot in the summer and cold in the winter. The cover never gets hot. That's really the only reason why I use it.

My windows are tinted and Bailey is small, so she doesn't look out the window. She just lays in the back.
 
Just an FYI. After looking at everything and reading everything. I realized I'd need to buy a seatbelt harness and well, I decided I'll just put my seat down and crate him instead. Too many horror stories. Ugh!
 
I have one that extends to the front seat so that the dogs don't fall between the seats.

Mine is a kinda woven vinyl cover. Kinda like a thick tent fabric. It works great, but I found the boys tended to slip around on it. I ended up buying a matt with rubber siding underneath to stop them from slipping around. Plus, it tends to grab the fur so I only have to shake the matt out instead of remove the entire harness.
 
Mine looks like the one Silaria has. It's like a thick canvas and has openings for the seatbelt buckles. I use the seat cover with the seat belts when they go to the beach or are muddy from running around a field after a rain.

I chuck it in the washing machine when it gets gross. It has withstood sand, mud and dog puke and saliva (from rescues who get car sick) and still looks good!
 
Back
Top