Cassie is a whole new experience

MissyGallant

Forums Enthusiast
Cassie is still learning the house breaking thing. And she is so young that we are afraid of leaving her outside when it is very cold.

Other than that, she is the BEST little puppy! It makes me realize how many issues Rocket had. This little puppy is just a love bug! She loves me, she loves my husband, she loves the cats, the other dogs, name it. She is free with kisses and cuddles. She will turn herself inside out to make us happy and gets very full of herself when she gets a "Good Girl." She never struggles with anything.

Rocket was (And still is) a constant struggle of convincing him that what we want him to do is what he wants to do. I love my silly Rocket. But it's nice to have one that doesn't require so much energy.

I'm not sure this is making sense. She's just so good.
 
Sassy Miss Cassie sounds like a wonderful pup, to be sure. I've only raised two girls from puppyhood, our first and second Shelties. They were both pretty easy puppies, altho Asta loved to dig up my flowers right after I planted them. Ended up having to put wire around all my flower pots for months till she grew out of that phase! The others I got as adults and had their own quirks. Ally was terrified of going in and out of doorways :confused2: but finally convinced her she was safe. Faith was a bit of a wild child, but still sweet and affectionate. Apparently her whole litter was born in overdrive, LOL.

Poor little Rocket has his issues but I'm sure glad he's with you, can't imagine too many folks would have the patience and knowledge to deal with him and still have him live a happy life. Enjoy your new girl and keep the stories coming! :pop
 
I understand what you mean when you say Rocket has his issues but you still love him. I've been struggling with Finnie's issues since he came home at 11 weeks (hates being picked up, afraid of strangers, loud noises freak him out, hates the grooming table). Piper was a breeze compared to Finnie but I still love Finnie (most days lol), he's a sweetheart with me...loves to cuddle and get nice and close (so long as it's his choice).
Enjoy your little Cassie...having an easy going pup is like a breath of fresh air!
 
"Enjoy your little Cassie...having an easy going pup is like a breath of fresh air!"

Well said, it is amazing how the different personalities play off each other.
 
Back
Top